Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tyre shops that allows your own tires

• 19-03-2015 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

do you know of any of them tyre shops that allow you to bring your own tires with you?

it looks like buying locally would cost me roughly e200 more than ordering from the internet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

do you know of any of them tyre shops that allow you to bring your own tires with you?

it looks like buying locally would cost me roughly e200 more than ordering from the internet

id imagine that a garage would probably be better. as i doubt that they would like someone bringing your own tires

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Limerick Tyre Centre or Mid West Tyres, both out near the Toyota garage in Raheen should be able to sort you out. The likes of Tyre Stop or Advanced Pitstop will not fit tyres you didn't buy from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Brendan Walsh on childers road should sort you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I'd be interested in this next time round. Not so much because of price, because I have sensibly sized wheels, but it's just so difficult to get a tyre from a real tyre brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Where a good site to buy mid range tires?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,462 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It you are buying a set, ask them if they will do a deal. Go midweek, not Saturday morning.

Note that many places will fit their own tyres for free, but would charge you for fitting your own tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Where a good site to buy mid range tires?
    http://www.oponeo.ie/
    Victor wrote: »
    Note that many places will fit their own tyres for free, but would charge you for fitting your own tyres.
    I'm willing to pay, even at e100 it will save me at least another e100. More if I go for some better quality tires, and at least I will have some choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

http://www.oponeo.ie/

I'm willing to pay, even at e100 it will save me at least another e100. More if I go for some better quality tires, and at least I will have some choice.

What would be a decent tire for a Mk4 mondeo?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think the Motors forum would be a better place for motoring questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

What would be a decent tire for a Mk4 mondeo?

I find the Vredsteins very good. The guy on Lelia street does them at a similar price to online buy the time you factor in fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Victory tyres? I got both our cars tracked there, would recommend - have had poor experiences elsewhere.
    Still only had mommy wagon and van tyres in my size which is understandable as that's what constitutes 95% of that tyre size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

MTS on the Dublin road just a few hundred yards below Frank Hogans garage fitted a set of tyres for me that I got from Eiretyres cost me €60 for the fitting balancing and disposing of the old tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭893bet

wingnut wrote: »
    I find the Vredsteins very good. The guy on Lelia street does them at a similar price to online buy the time you factor in fitting.

Got sport trac 5s from him for a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

wingnut wrote: »
    +1 Vredestein tyres are a great mid priced tyre. Very good in the wet. I got a set of Sport Trac 5s from Victory Tyres recently for my wifes car.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Another plus 1 for Vredestein and victory tyres. Have vredestein hi tracs on mine, very happy with them.

Advertisement