Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

runaway gr15

Options
  • 19-03-2015 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    I was taking the gun apart and made a ball's up somewhere along the way.basically as soon as the battery goes in the motor goes whether it's on safe or not and without trigger pull.
    I can't see any bad wires .anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

jamesd2013 wrote: »
    Hi folks
    I was taking the gun apart and made a ball's up somewhere along the way.basically as soon as the battery goes in the motor goes whether it's on safe or not and without trigger pull.
    I can't see any bad wires .anyone got any ideas?
    Thanks

Was there any particular reason why you opened it up??. All points to your trigger assembly, could been you have forgotten to attach the trigger contact spring or somehow your two wires going to your assembly are bridging!!

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭jamesd2013

I was putting in a new barrel and somehow managed to screw it up .didn't touch the gear box but I had to give a big tug to separate the upper and Lower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I was putting in a new barrel and somehow managed to screw it up .didn't touch the gear box but I had to give a big tug to separate the upper and Lower

Ammmm thats defo a new one to me.......only way your guna find out is to open the gearbox up youself or take it to a dealer for repair, or depending on your location someone here might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Is the rifle front or rear wired? If it's the G&G Gr15 (I.e Raider) you're talking about it should have come apart really easily. It definitely shouldn't have caused the battery issue anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭jamesd2013

Its a raider L.Something had got caught around the top of the gearbox and the upper and took a bit of persuasion to come off.I dunno did it jam the trigger on or mess up the contacts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

http://cdn1.evike.com/images/large/wiring-mtx-001-v2.jpg

This is what the trigger is composed of. The part on the right is pushed into the part on the left when the trigger is closed. Once these contacts are touched off each other you have a closed circuit and the motor will spin on connection of the battery.
    If you definitely don't have these touching, then there is a short circuit of some type. Given you mentioned you had to give it a good pull, its possible that the gearbox shell is now part of the short. You need to make sure that the solder blobs are not touching the gearbox shell.

Advertisement