Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wayward Pines [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

The thing i'm most impressed by is the pace at which details are being revealed. And especially on FOX, a channel that have been known to add in an extra series to pad things out. The last two episodes could have been series finale's.

Very interested to see how they are going to develop the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With regard this week's episode:
    "Don't tell anyone!"
    "Hey Thereasa!"
    "Hey Kate!"

Wonder what's under Lot 33.

How were they planning on blowing up the fence with such a weak bomb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Aw man, the last episode was ridiculous. I hope it's not beginning to trail off.
    What the heck, the bomb was tiny! Unless it was meant to be connected to something else there's no way it would have done anything to the barrier. And do we have to spend so much time with bloody teenagers! Grrrr!
    Surely the head honchos know Ethan is spilling the beans about the whole thing, regardless of whether they believe him or not.
    Still a good show, but I just hope they bump up their opinion of the viewer.....we're smarter than you think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Sex ed class. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Don't think the truck bomb was to blow up the fence, it was intended to blow up the warehouse when it was dropped back. They said the trucks were switched for a filled one at the end of the shift.
    I'm beginning to suspect Dr Jennings is as much a victim as the rest, I think nurse Pam and the teacher are the real drivers behind whatever it is that's going on.
    We now know the story Ethan got was untrue, Kate got a phone line to the outside so it can't be the future. I also suspect Ethan isn't buying the story either, I think he's playing along for the moment.
    I'm calling it now, its a variation on the Stanford experiment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

tommy2bad wrote: »
    We now know the story Ethan got was untrue, Kate got a phone line to the outside so it can't be the future. I also suspect Ethan isn't buying the story either, I think he's playing along for the moment.
    I'm calling it now, its a variation on the Stanford experiment!

She also said she's been in wayward pines for 12 years so her timeline doesn't match up with Ethans who thinks she's only been missing for a short time. As for the call, could just be that the person she talked to was one of the back office people in that complex Ethan was given a tour of. Think she said it was the guy we saw speaking to the doctor in episode 1 so he'd have a link to the place already in which case it wouldn't be too much of a stretch that he'd be part of the programme later on in his timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

You do remember the part were Ethan climbed the cliff face, saw the creatures and ruined city, both before he was taken off to the "base".
    Pretty much goes in line with what he's been told.

Kate could have been talking to anyone on that phone. She could also be bull****ting to try and work Ethan over.

Someone at Stanford was probably helping the Doc pick and choose the best and brightest

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Don't think the truck bomb was to blow up the fence, it was intended to blow up the warehouse when it was dropped back.

Which also would seem like a bad plan considering it barely damaged the truck it was in and the 2 people standing right beside the bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

JohnK wrote: »
    She also said she's been in wayward pines for 12 years so her timeline doesn't match up with Ethan's who thinks she's only been missing for a short time.
    I think that's supposed to be because she was "defrosted" from her cryogenic sleep 12 years before Ethan was as presumably they didn't wake up everyone they captured at the same time. This would explain why everyone says they've been in Wayward Pines for different periods of time.
    I feel there's another twist or two to come but I think all the little details are matching up quite well with the overall storyline so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

In relation to this week's episode:
    Good episode with some big developments.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Does nurse Pam ever sleep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Well its switched up a gear as it gets nearer the end. Looks like the plot holes are just bad writing rather than clues to the reveal.
    Never would have pegged Pam as the weak link.

Its good summer viewing which given the premis could rhave un for another season or two. The fast pace helps it hugely. Good decision to fit it all into one season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

What is wrong with this show?? The overall premise is great fun and well made and then they go and make a mess of the small, but important, details. The ridiculously puny bomb last week and now the truck that just glided through the fence like a knife through butter. That fence has been talked about as an absolute beast of a structure since the start and yet a truck that has been available since the start can just drive though... Come on! Get the fine details to match up to the overall story and there's a very entertaining series in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

What is wrong with this show?? The overall premise is great fun and well made and then they go and make a mess of the small, but important, details. The ridiculously puny bomb last week and now the truck that just glided through the fence like a knife through butter. That fence has been talked about as an absolute beast of a structure since the start and yet a truck that has been available since the start can just drive though... Come on! Get the fine details to match up to the overall story and there's a very entertaining series in there.

I agree.

The details are so important. And I find I'm starting to ask questions.

Like is there no other punishment available beside death? I mean its not so hard agonizing over punishing someone if you just take away their xbox for a week, for instance.

I agree about the puny bomb. It blew up about quarter of a truck.

I am glad the monsters are going to get in. It'll give them a chance to get beyond this internal squabbling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That fence has been talked about as an absolute beast of a structure since the start and yet a truck that has been available since the start can just drive though.
    so ****ing annoying.No one thought of stealing a truck in the last decade they have been there:mad:

What an episode, can't for next week's finale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Holy **** Piltcher is a psycho.

Was glad when Ethan's wife smacked the groupie teacher

So is it really just one season?? If so I can't wait for next week!! So much going on, was brilliant when the wife smacker yer one in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

What a psycho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Been scrambling to catch up with this, all caught up now. Wow, love it!
    Hate that teacher!

David Pilcher reminded me immediately of The Master of Metropolis. Mad man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anybody know when the next webisode of Gone will be online?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Wayward Pines has been the series of the summer, the finale should be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

FOX won't be renewing for a second season by all accounts :(

Though there was talk that the Wayward Pines TV series could return for a second season, FOX seems to have killed that idea. The network has revealed that next week’s installment will be the last one — the series finale.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/wayward-pines-no-season-two-for-fox-tv-show-27485/

Good to hear. If it was originally intended as a single season series, then leave it that way. Just hope they don't leave it open for a second season

Very enjoyable finale to a great summer series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Good to hear. If it was originally intended as a single season series, then leave it that way. Just hope they don't leave it open for a second season

The main stubling block is that the cast were only signed up for one season and the main actors Matt Dillon,Carla Gugino and Melissa Leo wont do a second series.
    A second season would have to follow an entirely different set of characters so its not really a runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Well that didn't disappoint anyways. Great show!

• Advertisement

Very enjoyable finale to a great summer series.
    Well that didn't disappoint anyways. Great show!
    ??
    The finale isnt until tomorrow though :confused:

??
    The finale isnt until tomorrow though :confused:

It airs in Australia first.

It's been out in the wild for a few hours now.

It airs in Australia first.

It's been out in the wild for a few hours now.

It doesnt air in Australia until tomorrow morning .

It must have leaked so.

It's a pity it wasn't renewed for a second season especially with that ending

It's a pity it wasn't renewed for a second season especially with that ending

The ending up until the last few minutes was fine .
    The last few minutes ,meh ,nonsense if I'm honest ,it looked like something tacked on to allow the possibility of a second series .
    I'm not buying for a minute that the first generation kids overpowered the adults ,are we supposed to believe that the puny metal door in the school could keep the Abbies out after seeing them tear off the door to the underground bunker.
    Where did the young doctor come from ,who trained Amy to be a nurse :rolleyes:

Overall ,an enjoyable show but alot of the writing was sloppy and full of plot holes,it also seemed rushed at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Decent ending, definitely, but very open ended.

It doesn't say much for Blake Crouch's books that the 3 of them can be trimmed down into just over 7 hours of story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Mr E wrote: »
    Decent ending, definitely, but very open ended.

It doesn't say much for Blake Crouch's books that the 3 of them can be trimmed down into just over 7 hours of story.
    Yes. If all the older actors are reluctant to sign for S2 the producers have a work around with the teens.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Yes. If all the older actors are reluctant to sign for S2 the producers have a work around with the teens.

They finished filming back in February 2014 so chances are some of the actors could be in new projects already

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They finished filming back in February 2014 so chances are some of the actors could be in new projects already

Most of them are on other projects at the moment. The actors only signed on for one season so a second season with that cast won't happen. And there's no point continuing with a new cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

LEAKED FINALE SPOILER:
    Great finale for the first half hour, with probably the most ridiculous ending scene ever.
    Does anyone else suspect that either (a) this is actually a fake ending to throw off early leakers, or else (b) this ending was one of several shot, and chosen when it became clear that season 2 with the adult cast wasn't going to happen?

Either way, I loved most of the finale, but am supremely disappointed with the actual ending. Like... WTF. What happened to Kate? Teresa? Pam? Jesus.

LEAKED FINALE SPOILER:
    Great finale for the first half hour, with probably the most ridiculous ending scene ever.
    Does anyone else suspect that either (a) this is actually a fake ending to throw off early leakers, or else (b) this ending was one of several shot, and chosen when it became clear that season 2 with the adult cast wasn't going to happen?

As I previously said ,it looks like an ending or epilogue that was reshot/tacked on to allow the possibility of a second series .
    Its rubbish to be honest.
    The leaked ending is the same as the one aired today btw.
    Its not the ending in the books ,which would have been a far better ending.

• Advertisement

What a ridiculous ending! At first I thought he was waking up in 2015, after being in the car accident and that it was all a "Dallas" type dream.
    However the actual ending was even worse, definitely just tagged on to try and get a second series. I really hope it doesn't happen, as it was a solid single series show.
    And perhaps they have robots that train people to become Doctors???? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

I know this series is finished now, so this point is largely redundant, but why are users using spoiler tags on episodes which have already aired?
    I use mobile boards and cannot remove spoiler tags and therefore don't know what's being discussed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Decent show but those last few minutes were rubbish.No need to do that only for a possible sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I know this series is finished now, so this point is largely redundant, but why are users using spoiler tags on episodes which have already aired?
    I use mobile boards and cannot remove spoiler tags and therefore don't know what's being discussed.
    Just tap on the blanked out part to see it, it's cos it hasn't been aired yet. It was leaked online, but Yea..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

One of the best mystery series' I've ever watched, and honestly one of the worst endings EVER.

Whole finale was absolutely epic. "Epilogue" ruined the whole episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I found the ending to be creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

deco nate wrote: »
    Just tap on the blanked out part to see it, it's cos it hasn't been aired yet. It was leaked online, but Yea..

It's just that tapping the spoiler tag doesn't work on my mobile, only if I click on it using my mouse when on my pc.....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

the first book ended when ethan discovered that the outside woprld really was gone..I was curious why they rushed that by epsiode 6. But the ending as said was very rushed and not satisfactory...but if its cancelled its cancelled...I will go read the rest of the books and see what else was intended...

I didn't mind the ending.
    True, ending with Pam and Kate talking would've been better, or even skipping a couple years to show how things had advanced since they worked together.
    But the ending we got reminded me of episodes of anthology series like Twilight Zone, Tales from the Darkside and Outer Limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

The ending up until the last few minutes was fine .
    The last few minutes ,meh ,nonsense if I'm honest ,it looked like something tacked on to allow the possibility of a second series .
    I'm not buying for a minute that the first generation kids overpowered the adults ,are we supposed to believe that the puny metal door in the school could keep the Abbies out after seeing them tear off the door to the underground bunker.
    Where did the young doctor come from ,who trained Amy to be a nurse :rolleyes:

Overall ,an enjoyable show but alot of the writing was sloppy and full of plot holes,it also seemed rushed at times.

presumably the store room in the ark had lots of weapons to enable them to take over...

I liked the ending .... nothing ever changes... even in 4020 or whatever yr it is that they're at!

• Advertisement
Advertisement