Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wayward Pines [** Spoilers **]

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Omg

I love how they are not afraid of killing anyone off .
    Expecting a bloodbath in last episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm normally a glass-half-full guy, but that ending was awful.
    No redeeming qualities at all. The disease angle was quite clever, but everything else was awful.

Proof that they just didn't give a f**k any more:

XChLUeQ.png

I'll be very surprised if there is a third season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

What the actual ****??? That's the worst ending to a season of a TV show since JR came out of the shower.

Really liked this show since last year but tgT ending was just rubbish.
    They can stay asleep now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Wait.... that was the last episode of the season or possibly the last episode of the show?

This whole thing is the poster boy for wasted potential.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I feel what amounted to a 'delete all' button on your cryogenic system is a pretty bad design flaw.

Very tepid, flat finale by all accounts. I don't demand a cliffhanger to a season, but some form of resolution would have been nice. Instead this felt like the narrative equivalent to a shoulder shrug.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I feel what amounted to a 'delete all' button on your cryogenic system is a pretty bad design flaw.

Very tepid, flat finale by all accounts. I don't demand a cliffhanger to a season, but some form of resolution would have been nice. Instead this felt like the narrative equivalent to a shoulder shrug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well at least they showed her throwing up when she found out the truth.

pixelburp wrote: »

Nicely put, summed up my feelings towards it. Given the sign posts we could tell this was where they were headed in the end and I was convinced they would do the book ending this time and it would have been perfect but maybe not 70000 years later, are they getting a season 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Very flat, lifeless ending to season 2, which did really pick up towards the end only to lead to that lukewarm finale. Was at the very least expecting a nail biter of a finale, or the opening moments of the awakening of the pods at some stage in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I haven’t started watching Series 2 yet and having skimmed this thread I’m not sure if it’s worth the effort?? :confused::confused::confused:

I thought the first Series was ok….nothing spectacular but interesting in its own way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I haven’t started watching Series 2 yet and having skimmed this thread I’m not sure if it’s worth the effort?? :confused::confused::confused:

I thought the first Series was ok….nothing spectacular but interesting in its own way

S2 has plenty of big moments and rattles along , some people are disappointed with the ending but you will get plenty to entertain you inbetween

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

After blowing its load half way through the first series, I though 'Wayward Pines' was done. But the second series proved to be very good. True, the ending was a bit of a damp squib, but it's difficult to know where they could have gone with it in the time frame allotted.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd series, although I get the feeling that I enjoy it more than I should.

Cartman78 wrote: »

Still very much worth a watch. Jason Patric is great and there are some good developments particularly as the season progresses. I thought the first half of S2 was very ropey, but it gathered steam for the final 5 episodes broadly speaking - ending was a bit of a let down though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I didnt mind season 2 at all. I thought it picked up a bit as it went a long. and I'll be okay with the ending if it leads to a season 3. I mean it wasnt really an "ending" at all was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Thinking about the ending, it could suggest
    the plan to kill the abbies with disease failed given the births
    I want a season 3 to find out.

The idea of the situation the people are in is interesting

We saw some primitive Abbie structures at the end of S2, so it could also suggest that in another 1000 years, they'll have advanced significantly as a society and thus there will be two intelligent species.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

We saw some primitive Abbie structures at the end of S2, so it could also suggest that in another 1000 years, they'll have advanced significantly as a society and thus there will be two intelligent species.

Nah! One intelligent species and the shower inside the walls. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I was convinced that the dying moments of the show would see the occupants of the pods reawaken in an advanced Abby lab in the distant future. If they bring it back I really hope this is the direction that they take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To be honest, I forgot about this show completely and I'm sure I'm not the only one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Season 2 was excellent. Pity it's getting canned.

Probably for the best it's not returning, and like others I'd completely forgot it existed; it was a wonder it even managed to come up with a compelling enough follow-up to what was clearly a one-and-done story from Season 1. The second run finale was so tepid and half hearted it doesn't surprise there's no willingness to return to this world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Season 2 was excellent. Pity it's getting canned.

Was it cancelled or did end?

I have the chance to watch it but if it ends on a cliffhanger I'd rather just leave it until another time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Was it cancelled or did end?

I have the chance to watch it but if it ends on a cliffhanger I'd rather just leave it until another time.

Cancelled.

Cancelled ... and ends on a (very underwhelming) cliffhanger.

Though you could watch Season 1 and just treat it like a mini-series: that first season ending had a Twilight Zone, mic-drop feel to it, and given it contained the central immediate mystery was the more thrilling season IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

It was a guilty pleasure. Although, I still think of that episode of the caretaker who woke up every few years to maintain everything.

2nd season was OK, but there's not really much point watching it after the cancellation. The finale had incredible promise....
    if I remember correctly, it was setting it up for a far-future after they awakened where the other beings were starting to show signs of becoming a structured, semi-advanced civilisation

However the first season was always intended to be a mini-series, so you can watch that one and it ends perfectly fine in that context, as someone else said, it had a real twilight zone/black mirror type vibe off it.

Didn't need an S2 really, but I did really enjoy it...impossible to recommend though really when it was cancelled with no resolution.

Advertisement