Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juniper (Live concerts?) - Old Dublin Band around 1998.. HELP!

Options
  • 11-02-2001 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Laeds.. I dunno if anyone remembers them.. but i believe they disbanded after their Lead singer "Dodi Ma" left like.. but i was wondering anyone ever get any copies of live concerts they played? Id love to obtain a few.. especially with the song "Eskimo Friend" in it.. Theres probs a da|\/|n slim chance of anyone having anything but if ya know.. or know someone who might have an oul copy or access to em.. could ya gimme a shout!
    Cheers laeds..

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 11-02-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

As far as I know the mebers of Juniper formed Bell X1. So you may want to check them out...

Sorry I cant help more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

yeah they are now bellx1, tyhe singer left, and then the drummer moved to be front man, and they got a new drummer. they are quite good now, ive seen em twice live, album wud be worth a purchase if u have the cash spare.
    as for live recordings, good luck with that, it wont be easy to track that down, if they do in fact exist.

prop6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

aha.. bellx 1 have heard o them.. must take an oul rip into their album.. cheers lads.. naw ive heard it said they do exist.. but where to procure them.. i havent a ****in notion.. I went to tons of Juniper concerts when they were about always thought theyd make it pretty damn big.. and i do remember the drummer always had a microphone to, singin his **** off.. noice wan.. but someone HAS to have a live performance.. the band have a website at all? :O)

anyways.. cheers lads..

ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

the lead singer for juniper was damien rice wasnt it? whos "Dodi Ma"? smile.gif

Same geezer :O)

ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Juniper have renamed themselves(cant remember what) and afaik they are on a mini tour in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I used to love Juniper.

I saw them live a couple of times, most memorable one being the Heineken Festival a few summers ago with Kula Shaker and Junkster - I'd say there must be a live recording of that somewhere. The new lead singer (old drummer) is Paul Noonan. He's from Lucan and I know his sister, might be able to find out some stuff there for you. Since Dodi left, I kind of lost interest, but no doubt BellX1 are super, with most of the old band still there. (crap name tho)

Dodi Ma (I thought it was Dodi Man?) has now joined up with two incredibly talented Italian (hang on - maybe they are Spanish, I forget) guitarists (a guy and a girl) but I haven't heard any of their work. This pair used to busk a lot on Grafton Street - very goodlooking people and extremely skilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

Apparently he changed his name to Dodi ma. BellX1 are playing at our RAG week next monday with Wilt and Relish, should be nice, very nice!

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

It was a good mate o mine from college (she's from Lucan.. i remember it was a ****in' LONG bus ride from the town to go out to see her hehe smile.gif )was the one who introduced me to em first.. stuck me on the mailing list etc.. i went to see em loads.. even by meself one night (bit of fantasism their like) in the temple bar music centre.. met all the lads on the release of weather man and got me singles signed n all.. turned out one of the guitar guys, David Geraghty (he played his gutar with the bow thing from a violin in "Eskimo Friend") had done me course in Ballyer to.. bunch o sound lads who were well talented.. shame it almost all went up in schmoke.. at least the guys r back like.. sortin' it out.. and id defo look forward to Dodi Ma's new werk like.. ive a funny fellin' i know the buskers yer on about.. and i fink they are spanish.. anyway.. id be well appreciative if ya had a look into that fer me (the live stuff that is) Gu' Laed wink.gif

Chiefy

ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

went to my secondary school in celridge.. used to play down my local as well before they started getting proper gigs smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

Got my ticket for monday nights gig. should be nice. maybe a little bit too nice.

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

I'm offended.

BAN THAT GUY!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I booked Juniper for a couple of SU gigs back in the olden days allright

booo its an SU hack .. boooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Aye, next monday night should be good craic.

If bell X1 are half as good as i have heard then it should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I was no hack, I was paid to be a SU pe0n for near 2 years smile.gif

I'm proud to say that I introduced free, unmetered net access to my PC wink.gif(let alone CM-9798)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by neuro-praxis:
    ...Kula Shaker and Junkster - I'd say there must be a live recording of that somewhere...</font>

Yup, I was at that concert (class gig) and there was a quick yoke on No Disco about it (in which the camera passed by my good self + friends with Juniper playing in the BG), I'm sure someone somewhere has a recording of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Maybe ask in Rythym Records on the Quay (Dublin), they might have it on tape up near the counter, theyve hundreds of recording. If they dont have it ask them and theyre usually willing to try and get stuff in fer ye.

Advertisement