Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband just vanished

Options
  • 20-03-2015 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

though i am writing this on the said broadband..let me explain...

brief history of our broadband...

after years of buddist speed dial-up,which was very slooow, we got emobile...this followed 3 happy years of the fastest net i ever used...and we live out in the countryside...i mean fast..videos of any quality loading without ever a pause..sometimes on real rainy days it was somewhat slower but aside,perfect speed....then, 2 weeks ago..our "gongle" gave up...real slow net..following several phonecalls to Customersupport, a sim change to a brand new gongle. NOthing...still the same slow internet...painfully slow....from having 15 windows open and watching what you like to barely opening a webpage....

I cannot put my finger on it...i have tried other computers to no avail...Emobile are at a loss and this is it...

with the speed as it is i will give it another week and then return the gongle...no internet is better,cuz i use it alot for work and play....

if anyone has got to the bottom of this post,if you can enlighten me somewhat to a simular experience i would be satisifed with that

cheers..

T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Gongle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

bigtomm wrote: »
    buddist speed dial-up

wat
    gongle

wat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

gongle is the little thing you plug into usb...wireless adapter thingy...my tech language is appalwing

buddist speed broandband....if i was an enlightened master it would be a fine speed, i would log into my email at breakfast time, relax, go farming and come back around 2pm to see my web page just loaded, click 'compose', come back around 4pm to write email after thinking about it while meditating, and then send, retunning that night to switch off computer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

It's dongle. What speeds are reported with speedtest.net?

the speedometer is going 0.07 . . . .if we could slow down the roads to this broadband speed people would go nuts!

i once bought a dongle
    which i thought was a gongle
    and time passed merrily
    i never really see
    why d's and g's
    have an effect
    like catastrophe
    the speed is all gone
    and the people are tense
    too much fibrepower and not enough greens
    i shall think to step away from the screen

ok,aside all this.....after a speed test is there a possible solution to increase speed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭durtybit

Your on midband not broadband, with o2 were you?

emobile/meteor

current speed test download .06
    upload 1.11

does this mean something...its above my tech head

emobile/meteor

current speed test download .06
    upload 1.11

does this mean something...its above my tech head

It means you are getting a poor speed.. Try the dongle outside to see if its an issue in the house

bar from maybe opening a page a little faster or slower ..no difference...north S E W...all same

bar from maybe opening a page a little faster or slower ..no difference...north S E W...all same

Need speed test result's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

I'd suggest talking to the Meteor guys here...

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1558

They should be in a better position to help.

degsie wrote: »
    I'd suggest talking to the Meteor guys here...

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1558

They should be in a better position to help.

all over...today was champion....
    after a morning returning the newly bought gongle and ready to cancel throw away old sim and broken gongle...
    came home ,mother pluged in old gongle and guess what...
    full speed...

i give up....

its up to the fairys after this...
    thanks for all ears and advise...
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

all over...today was champion....
    after a morning returning the newly bought gongle and ready to cancel throw away old sim and broken gongle...
    came home ,mother pluged in old gongle and guess what...
    full speed...

i give up....

its up to the fairys after this...
    thanks for all ears and advise...
    T

Good stuff, but dongle man, dongle :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

buddist speed broandband....if i was an enlightened master it would be a fine speed, i would log into my email at breakfast time, relax, go farming and come back around 2pm to see my web page just loaded, click 'compose', come back around 4pm to write email after thinking about it while meditating, and then send, retunning that night to switch off computer
    Genius!

Advertisement