Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cpu performance decrease when battery under 10% - cant even play a youtube video?

Options
  • 20-03-2015 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

So I got this new laptop recently and one of the great features is the 5 hour battery however whenever the battery gets below 10% (i.e. it sends me the warn battery low message) it is like the PC goes into shutdown or something. I think this may be something that is changeable like an internal setting designed to save power maybe? It is only a month or so old and has been like this from the start. As you can imagine this is pretty annoying considering that at 10% it still has 30 mins of battery left.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The model is acer aspire e5-571.

Specs: http://gyazo.com/d5348b052f3e0d89907557fce5c60add.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KickButtowski

So I got this new laptop recently and one of the great features is the 5 hour battery however whenever the battery gets below 10% (i.e. it sends me the warn battery low message) it is like the PC goes into shutdown or something. I think this may be something that is changeable like an internal setting designed to save power maybe? It is only a month or so old and has been like this from the start. As you can imagine this is pretty annoying considering that at 10% it still has 30 mins of battery left.

It's prominently a power saver. Its so you don't lose your work. It is entirely for your benefit.
    You have 30 minutes left on power BECAUSE it's gone into that power saver mode. It would be significantly lower on your previous setting. Just plug in your pc when it's on 10%. Its good for the battery.

Butt here you go: Power Options --> Change Plan Settings(of your currently enabled plan)--> Change Advanced Power Settings --> Battery --> Critical Battery Action

Hope that helps! Don't mind my two cents thrown if you don't agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KickButtowski

It's prominently a power saver. Its so you don't lose your work. It is entirely for your benefit.
    You have 30 minutes left on power BECAUSE it's gone into that power saver mode. It would be significantly lower on your previous setting. Just plug in your pc when it's on 10%. Its good for the battery.

Butt here you go: Power Options --> Change Plan Settings(of your currently enabled plan)--> Change Advanced Power Settings --> Battery --> Critical Battery Action

Hope that helps! Don't mind my two cents thrown if you don't agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Thanks for the advice, I've changed it from hibernate to sleep in there but I'm sure there must be something obvious Im missing!

Advertisement