Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enda Kenny: In respect of ...

• 20-03-2015 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Did anybody ever notice how much Enda Kenny uses the phrase "in respect of" while speaking? It's bizarre.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

its a trivial annoyance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

He reminds me of a game show host...fake cheesy smile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Could be worse....remember Brian Cowen? He didn't have to speak, you just had to look to be annoyed and ashamed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

What makes him even more disliked is the fact he has the personality of a plank as well. His voice just makes me cringe too and that includes the imitations by Oliver Callan and the likes, instantly makes me want to fire the TV through the window

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

Enda Kenny. The local master of political gibberish speak. So good at it, he'll earn a position at the higher ranks of European political gibberish speak, once his disgraceful stint is at an end in Ireland. He's literally that good at it.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Just in case you haven't seen it yet...

Eejit.

-=al=- wrote: »

Eejit.

In fairness that happens to every single person (never mind leader) on the planet from time to time - the old missed handshake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

enda keny is broke and owes the bookies a few quid

but to quote himself "always pay your bookie"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

In fairness that happens to every single person (never mind leader) on the planet from time to time - the old missed handshake.

Should have brought his hand up and done the old brush of the hair and no one would be none the wiser. He is too much of a square to know that move though.

Ruu wrote: »
    Should have brought his hand up and done the old brush of the hair and no one would be none the wiser. He is too much of a square to know that move though.

TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE

and he isn't a square , he's a card

ps isn't it great to live ina country where we can take the piss out of our glorious leader

#bedtime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

A "gimme some shhhhkin brotha" would have went down a storm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

liam24 wrote: »
    Did anybody ever notice how much Enda Kenny uses the phrase "in respect of" while speaking? It's bizarre.

249 posts since 2003 poster comes in with a thread title mentioning Enda and respect ....hhmmmm. Looking for reaction or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

Enda goes for the "glance at me dirty fingers" move instead, which is fair enough.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Poor old Bush, he might as well have been Mr. Cellophane!

enda reminds me of my evil **** of an auntie,( Patricia Kelly) also from mayo, who ripped off my grandfather and terrorized my poor uncle (rip), so fúck her and fúck him too

edit ; enda isn;t that bad he just looks like my auntie, no slander intended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Chucken wrote: »
    What's your point?

yo chucken whats crackin?

i'm sofa king tired :o

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

-=al=- wrote: »

Eejit.

That was embarrassing. Kind of rude on obama's part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Still waiting for him to say "in respect of me being a thieving lying wanker" speech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

That was embarrassing. Kind of rude on obama's part

I doubt it was on purpose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It's not on purpose and I know it can happen but if it's St. Patrick's day, you're representing Ireland with the president of the United States and the whole world is watching... c'maaaan get it right, Enda. Desperate to pose for the cameras there imo.

Don't try and shake his hand when he's not looking, addressing the media and your sitting at an awkward angle.

He done a better job when he met Hulk Hogan on the friggin' trip

DTiZLXY.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

249 posts since 2003 poster comes in with a thread title mentioning Enda and respect ....hhmmmm. Looking for reaction or what?

His posts are longer than your one word posts..

Stalking them are you??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

If you bothered stalking op correctly you would see a good few political based posts/threads...for the user, its not unusual for them to post on political threads

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I doubt it was on purpose

Yes I don't think it was intentional, but Obama was so engrossed with the press. If Obama had been paying more attention to his guest he would have noticed the extended hand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

What's he even go to America on St. Patrick's day for? Seems like he's just used as a token by America for the day

What's he even go to America on St. Patrick's day for? Seems like he's just used as a token by America for the day

To hand over the usual bowl of shamrock and talk about the Irish in america that nothing ever seems to get done about,from obamas point of view it looks good and he gets the support of the plastic-paddies.

To hand over the usual bowl of shamrock and talk about the Irish in america that nothing ever seems to get done about,from obamas point of view it looks good and he gets the support of the plastic-paddies.

All Funded by the tax payer of course

What do you mean by "talk about the irish in America that nothing ever seems to get done about"? What is there to be done?

• Advertisement

What do you mean by "talk about the irish in America that nothing ever seems to get done about"? What is there to be done?

The " undocumented Irish" in america and visa waivers that allow them to travel back and forth between Ireland and america,years later and there still "talking" about it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

Whaaaaaaaa !!! He actually speaks ...

This lad makes more sense :-
    https://youtu.be/CA572hAHuOY

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Enda Kenny's job description doesn't involve inspiring the Irish people with charismatic oratorical displays.

I'd much rather have a plank that does a semi-reasonable job than a charismatic performer who does an unreasonable job.

It's a very shallow, and idiotic, way to judge the performance of someone based on a) how they answer questions and b) their emotional response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

enda keny is broke and owes the bookies a few quid

but to quote himself "always pay your bookie"

I, John Q. Taxpayer, will be alright though, won't I Enda, because I didn't place any bets?

Nor did I phone Kenya, for the record.

What's that Enda? I'm on the hook anyway whether I like it or not?

In respect of that Enda, go FG yourself at the next election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The IndaKinny() is a functionally illiterate clodhopper (also a teacher by trade, but I repeat myself) and when I see him arsing around in Europe on the television he reminds me of the fat, slightly slow kid trotting around the schoolyard trying to keep "in" with the bullies. :pac:

Advertisement