Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs vs Leicester. Sat 21st March @3pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I can't dispute that.
    Burnley followed by Villa will provide a sterner test.
    Leicester scored three times with ease, didn't take a great deal of effort.

Not one weekend goes by where when of our defenders doesn't do something primitive, just basic errors that they create. Wouldn't have the capabilities to work in Asda.

Well walker is rubbish , dier is a kid and I'm not sure on the other two

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mickman wrote: »
    Well walker is rubbish , dier is a kid and I'm not sure on the other two

Vertonghen doesn't have any leadership qualities, I've come to dislike him immensely. Dier may well turn into a fine player, not while Jan is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Well done Kane, fair play to Paulinho. Eriksen was alright. They weren't exactly playing against a world class midfield though.

Fúcking pathetic display, Leicester probably should of won that. Bentaleb could do with sitting out the next few games, was lucky he didn't see red.

Chadli was shíte.

Vorm was so static, glued to his line. Townsend, how many times did he touch the ball?

As for the defense, I'd take them up in a helicopter and fúck them all out.

Fúcking chancers!

Thanks for that, burst me bolux laughing at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Vertonghen doesn't have any leadership qualities, I've come to dislike him immensely. Dier may well turn into a fine player, not while Jan is there.

I have been thinking this for a while. There have been a number of times in recent weeks that I have seen Dier act the more mature of the two centre backs - barking orders and directions etc.

Fazio has been out of the team in recent weeks, how come? He didn't make any massive howlers. I'd like to see Dier and Fazio as a centre back pairing in the coming weeks - Vertonghen needs to be made aware of the competition for his position.

I have been thinking this for a while. There have been a number of times in recent weeks that I have seen Dier act the more mature of the two centre backs - barking orders and directions etc.

Fazio has been out of the team in recent weeks, how come? He didn't make any massive howlers. I'd like to see Dier and Fazio as a centre back pairing in the coming weeks - Vertonghen needs to be made aware of the competition for his position.

Spot on there, Vertonghen is a mute. Just like Helen Keller was. The third Leicester goal was easily avoidable, the goal machine that is David Nugent made a mug of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Dier may have potential, the rest are awful. How Poch was saying Rose should be in the england squad is baffling. Walker is muck, Verts is just taking the cash.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Dier may have potential, the rest are awful. How Poch was saying Rose should be in the england squad is baffling. Walker is muck, Verts is just taking the cash.

Walker isn't a very smart defender, he makes a lot of stupid mistakes. I'm concerned that we haven't seen Yedlin even in a match day squad, I'd be giving him ten minutes here or there to find his feet in the Premier League before he's thrown in as a starter if Walker gets injured.

Spot on there, Vertonghen is a mute. Just like Helen Keller was. The third Leicester goal was easily avoidable, the goal machine that is David Nugent made a mug of him.

As I've said before, we need a Serbian centre back with 'ic' at the end of his name.

Will Veljkovic be too young to throw in next to Dier at centre back next season?

Anyone else think Vorms positioning for that Nugent goal was awful?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Walker got called out by Phil Neville on Match of the Day, pointed out numerous mistakes he made leading to goals today and last Sunday.

Also, Rose called into England squad!

• Advertisement

Walker was pure muck yesterday

Not only was he caught out time and time again , he was the one who injured lloris. Lloris was coming off his line like he always does but walker charged back and made some kind of two footed lunge and caught his knee

The thing is we would get big money for the clown. Sell in summer for ten mill - he Defo won't get any better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Id go for Demichealis at city, plenty of experience, WC Finalist, PL winner, when playing as an out and out Center Half he's excellent leadership qualities and then of course he has the Argentinian snideness we badly need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Our inability to keep a clean sheet, not just today when we're missing our first choice keeper but every game we play, is bloody awful. We've addressed the previous seasons problem of not scoring goals (almost by accident/thank you Mr Kane) and yet our goal difference is awful. Why? Cause we cant defend. Its worrying. Fazio has disappeared, Vlad is useless, Jan hasn't progressed, I don't trust Dier myself but at least he's young, Walker is going backwards and Rose is often as big a liability. It doesn't read well.

Our inability to keep a clean sheet,

Only four teams in the Prem League have conceded more goals than us.

Our inability to keep a clean sheet, not just today when we're missing our first choice keeper but every game we play, is bloody awful. We've addressed the previous seasons problem of not scoring goals (almost by accident/thank you Mr Kane) and yet our goal difference is awful. Why? Cause we cant defend. Its worrying. Fazio has disappeared, Vlad is useless, Jan hasn't progressed, I don't trust Dier myself but at least he's young, Walker is going backwards and Rose is often as big a liability. It doesn't read well.

This is all true, though I feel we're in a good position with Poch - I sense he sees our defensive frailties and has plans to fix it all. He wants Vlad and Kaboul gone anyway.

This is all true, though I feel we're in a good position with Poch - I sense he sees our defensive frailties and has plans to fix it all. He wants Vlad and Kaboul gone anyway.

I agree that he sees it needs fixing . Vlad is no worse than walker really

Pochettino on our abysmal defense.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11488624/Harry-Kane-steals-the-headlines-but-Mauricio-Pochettino-fumes-at-Spurs-defensive-record.html

We'll always struggle to make the top four unless this is sorted out. Somewhere between the 15th or 17th worst defence in the league. If not for the brilliance of Lloris we'd be languishing in the bottom.

Advertisement