Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Harriers Half Marathon

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

belcarra wrote: »
    What were you wearing Clearlier?
    Judging by your summary you must definitely have gone past me at some stage!

Blue shorts and white top but I don't think that I passed you at any stage as with the exception of a relay runner I think that Ger was the only runner to pass me after I passed them. I finished in 1:35:55 (1:36:08 gun) with the downpour starting halfway down the finishing straight for me. Very happy with my run though. In contrast to most it seems I thought that the first half was harder than the second. There were times during the first half when we were running in the sun, up a hill and with a pretty stiff wind in our faces whereas the second half felt to me like it had a lot more downhill and the wind seemed mostly behind us. The lack of wind did make it seem a bit warmer in parts but it was also a lot cloudier I thought culminating in that heavy shower as we arrived at the finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

belcarra wrote: »
    Yip, that was me indeed.
    Was that you that came past me around mile 4 and I managed to tail you for a mile or two as we also picked up a Tullamore and Mullingar/Daingean runner?
    I remember a train of 4 of us passing a few others around the middle.
    However, I came across another Athlone shirt in the final mile or two so I got somewhat confused, initially thinking I had caught up again to you but then realising on closer inspection that it was a different runner altogether!

The wind on our back sounds good in theory but on the day I was definitely overheating in the second half!

Yeah, that was me that came up to you around 4 mile marker. We came up to another group of runners shortly after. I remember turning around and was surprised to see a group of 4/5 of us had formed.
    Was using it as a MP run. Plan was to finish under 1.35.

I felt really good around that point and was ok until about mile 8.
    Was running with a guy from Tullamore Harriers then, and i started to struggle. Last few miles were a battle and only barely hung in there to finish in 1.34.35.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Clearlier wrote: »
    Blue shorts and white top but I don't think that I passed you at any stage as with the exception of a relay runner I think that Ger was the only runner to pass me after I passed them. I finished in 1:35:55 (1:36:08 gun) with the downpour starting halfway down the finishing straight for me. Very happy with my run though.

Rain started approximately the same time for me so you must have been right beside me.
    In fact, just through looking again at the results you were the next finisher after me!
    Glad we were finished when that downpour was just starting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Finally got my head around writing a race report

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

ger664 wrote: »
    Finally got my head around writing a race report

Hope you're back running shortly Ger. Everything suggests that you're in half PB shape on another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 thebestone

Entries open for the Tullamore Harriers Half Marathon here https://events.athleticsireland.ie/ps/event/TullamoreHalfMarathon
    This is the 4th year for this event and feedback from previous races have been really positive. Entries through Athletics Ireland and stands at 30euro (35 on the day). Relay option also. Team prize also. This race is hosted by Tullamore Harriers so it goes without saying it is a ......purely athletic venture.
    see prev posts regarding the event; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94755694

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

I'm in, looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kiloecho15

brilliant event cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kiloecho15

brilliant event cant wait. How many entries are you expecting this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

Is there soup for the runners after this race?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

This obsession of yours is not very interesting or relevant.

Can I ask why you want to know if soup is being served?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

thebestone wrote: »
    Entries open for the Tullamore Harriers Half Marathon here https://events.athleticsireland.ie/ps/event/TullamoreHalfMarathon
    This is the 4th year for this event and feedback from previous races have been really positive. Entries through Athletics Ireland and stands at 30euro (35 on the day). Relay option also. Team prize also. This race is hosted by Tullamore Harriers so it goes without saying it is a ......purely athletic venture.
    see prev posts regarding the event; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94755694

@mods - can spin off a new 2016 thread for this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wigwam16

I'm really nervous about this.. I'm not the fastest runner hoping I survive!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Great race today. Excellent organisation, very fair, if a little undulating course. Plenty of water stops, good setup after for giving out the fruit and water etc after the finish on the track.

In fact I'm pretty jealous of Tullamore Harriers facilities overall.

Also great spread in the hall after and good to have the option of a masage from the physios after!

I'll certainly be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

adrian522 wrote: »
    Great race today. Excellent organisation, very fair, if a little undulating course. Plenty of water stops, good setup after for giving out the fruit and water etc after the finish on the track.

Also great spread in the hall after and good to have the option of a masage from the physios after!

I'll certainly be back.
    Me too. Second time down there and iit s a really well organized race. Will certainly be back and am also very jealous of the club's facilities! Always great to finish a long race with a lap of the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

adrian522 wrote: »

I'll certainly be back.

Just to echo this, it was an excellently organised race, very impressed with the water stops and the guys on bikes too.

Seemed a lot more uphill than downhill for a county not know for its hills!!

Thank you for your feedback.......keep it coming! The Tullamore Harriers Quinlan Cup Half Marathon was a great success. If anyone is half thinking of signing up next year......The last saturday in August.......have a look at the feedback on the Tullamore Harriers fb page. Fairly convincing. Roll on 2017!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

How many ran ?

Congrats on a great event, the midlands needs more of them.

Advertisement