Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do Eircom ignore customers? Why can we never get a call back?

Options
  • 20-03-2015 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Had a customer service agent being EXTREMELY rude on the line and who was talking absolute NONSENSE. The next two people were helpful and got the issue sorted which was completely Eircom's fault. One person put through a callback request which we never received.

That was well over one month ago.

Rang in today and was told that a supervisor spoke to the RUDE person but never got the callback as promised. Was just STONEWALLED by the last person as well. Not happy at all with the customer care Eircom are providing.

The only apology I will accept for this treatment is a discount by Eircom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

thehouses wrote: »
    Had a customer service agent being EXTREMELY rude on the line and who was talking absolute NONSENSE. The next two people were helpful and got the issue sorted which was completely Eircom's fault. One person put through a callback request which we never received.

Rang in today and was told that a supervisor spoke to the RUDE person but never got the callback as promised. Was just STONEWALLED by the last person as well. Not happy at all with the customer care Eircom are providing.

The only apology I will accept for this treatment is a discount by Eircom.
    Hi thehouses

I'm sorry to hear of this as such cases are unacceptable, I would like to assure you these matters are dealt with internally and very seriously. If you would like to make a formal complaint about the rude customer service agent you can do so by lodging a complaint through eircom accounts on free phone 1901 or by emailing the complaint to ccm@eircom.ie.

You can also log a complaint vie multiple options here: https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

Rang in today and was told that a supervisor spoke to the RUDE person but never got the callback as promised. Was just STONEWALLED by the last person as well. Not happy at all with the customer care Eircom are providing.

Hi thehouses

I'm sorry to hear of this as such cases are unacceptable, I would like to assure you these matters are dealt with internally and very seriously.  If you would like to make a formal complaint about the rude customer service agent you can do so by lodging a complaint through eircom accounts on free phone 1901 or by emailing the complaint to ccm@eircom.ie.

You can also log a complaint vie multiple options here: https://www.eircom.net/logacomplaint.jsp

Thanks
    Al
    Thank you Al, Would there be any compensation? This is very genuine case and I feel as a lifelong customer there should be some sort of offer by eircom. Being a customer for over 15 years would mean a lot to smaller businesses does it mean anything to eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi thehouses

I'm sorry to hear of this as such cases are unacceptable, I would like to assure you these matters are dealt with internally and very seriously.  If you would like to make a formal complaint about the rude customer service agent you can do so by lodging a complaint through eircom accounts on free phone 1901 or by emailing the complaint to ccm@eircom.ie.

Thanks
    Al
    Thank you Al, Would there be any compensation? This is very genuine case and I feel as a lifelong customer there should be some sort of offer by eircom. Being a customer for over 15 years would mean a lot to smaller businesses does it mean anything to eircom?
    Hi thehouses

I will be unable to arrange a compensation of credit for agent rudeness as this will ultimately be judged upon in the response to your official complaint (which can be made by the means I have advised above).

I can assure you though that your customer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

You seem more interested in getting compensation then anything else. In fact it seems to be the purpose of the thread.You actually said in your first post that's all you want to know about. 

Unless you had a disruption in service you should not expect any compensation. If an employee was rude etc then eircom should deal with it. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not a huge fan of eircom, I have actually been quite critical of them in the past. 

I would say you have two chances of getting money off eircom. 
    Pit it down to a bad experience, report it formally and move on. 

Tzardine wrote: »
    You seem more interested in getting compensation then anything else. In fact it seems to be the purpose of the thread.You actually said in your first post that's all you want to know about. 
    well spotted......

To be honest this issue is for my elderly mother, they took a huge amount of money from her account and it was not until two months later that she got the bill sorted. In the intervening time she has less money in her account for other things. A woman with a pension depending on every penny she has, who got such a shock when other bills were refused or bounced back to her account and additional charges were applied as a result. I don't feel I have to justify myself, but when it comes to my family I will fight for them, I am not looking for anything for nothing. If they want the keep business after the way we have been treated we expect something back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

well spotted......

To be honest this issue is for my elderly mother, they took a huge amount of money from her account and it was not until two months later that she got the bill sorted. In the intervening time she has less money in her account for other things. A woman with a pension depending on every penny she has, who got such a shock when other bills were refused or bounced back to her account and additional charges were applied as a result. I don't feel I have to justify myself, but when it comes to my family I will fight for them, I am not looking for anything for nothing. If they want the keep business after the way we have been treated we expect something back.
    Fair enough. That's an unfortunate thing to happen. I would not expect any compensation however. 

Also, eircom don't care about keeping your business. They also couldn't care how long you are with them. 

I am not having a go. Just speaking from my own experiences with them. That's why I suggested you are best making a complaint and letting it go (so long as your mother is not owed any money ). Don't spend your energy stressing about it. 

Fair enough. That's an unfortunate thing to happen. I would not expect any compensation however. 

Also, eircom don't care about keeping your business. They also couldn't care how long you are with them. 

I am not having a go. Just speaking from my own experiences with them. That's why I suggested you are best making a complaint and letting it go (so long as your mother is not owed any money ). Don't spend your energy stressing about it. 
    Exactly!

Advertisement