Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England have failed to produce a European 1/4 finalist for the first time since 92/93

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

But Silva and Xavi have different roles and different skill sets.

Please explain in detail the sentence above. I really need to know this...

And what will barca do if Xavi retires next season??? Who can replace him? Im guessing no one since he was a world class player. But if silva went to barca during the summer, I'd tell ya, barca fans wont mind.

Busquets Iniesta Silva sounds like a quality midfield trio to keep barca going strong for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Fudge You wrote: »
    Please explain in detail the sentence above. I really need to know this...

And what will barca do if Xavi retires next season??? Who can replace him? Im guessing no one since he was a world class player. But if silva went to barca during the summer, I'd tell ya, barca fans wont mind.

Busquets Iniesta Silva sounds like a quality midfield trio to keep barca going strong for a few years.

Busquets will move forward and take Xavis place. And Barcã have a new player coming through, who's name escapes me at the moment, who is apparently Busquets MkII.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Busquets will move forward and take Xavis place. And Barcã have a new player coming through, who's name escapes me at the moment, who is apparently Busquets MkII.

So Busquets can replace Xavi, but Silva cant???
    Youve lost me now! Good night

Fudge You wrote: »
    So Busquets can replace Xavi, but Silva cant???
    Youve lost me now! Good night

Have you watched a game of football?? When Pique retires they should be grand, they can get Tello back from his loan at Porto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sergi Roberto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

And Barcã have a new player coming through, who's name escapes me at the moment, who is apparently Busquets MkII.

Do they have a pack of Busquets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

duffman13 wrote: »
    I agree, I forgot him, there is no attacking player in the league that would walk straight into either of those teams like Bale and Suarez over the last two seasons.

Aguero, if fit, would.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gary neville reckons not one outfield player from the liverpool utd game would feature for either real barca. I'd tend to agree with him. When you consider the money both teams have spent it shows that both clubs are buying players a level down from the Spanish giants. Arguments could be made for Di Maria but apart from that I can't see anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Gary neville reckons not one outfield player from the liverpool utd game would feature for either real barca. I'd tend to agree with him. When you consider the money both teams have spent it shows that both clubs are buying players a level down from the Spanish giants. Arguments could be made for Di Maria but apart from that I can't see anyone.
    Neville would need to watch himself with comments like that.

$ky don't like people dissing the 'best league in the world', especially their chief pundit. He'll be looking for another job if he keeps up that kinda chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

NIMAN wrote: »

$ky don't like people dissing the 'best league in the world', especially their chief pundit. He'll be looking for another job if he keeps up that kinda chat.

Lol, was waiting for this.

Always thought "best league in the world" was such a strange thing to be bitter about

Lol, was waiting for this.

Always thought "best league in the world" was such a strange thing to be bitter about

It's not even the best league in England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Ah lads it all still fits the narrative as far they're concerned......

They'll still big it up as the most competitive league in the world.

And get ready for a Summer of pieces on "How to fix our game"

Plus they don't have CL rights next year so the "best league in the world" gambit would naturally have been toned down a bit next year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Rooney is at least as good as Benzema and Di Maria is obviously more than good enough to start for Real. Carrick, while nothing special at all, could bring a balance that Madrid's midfield currently lacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It's not even the best league in England

wtf is this crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Rooney as well I think. Only for Real though.

He works hard for the team so I think he'd slot into the attacking role at Real. Given his previous partnership with Ronaldo, they'd both gel seamlessly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I thought it was just common knowledge? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

What difference does it make there's no Quarter Finalists? Unless they win it or reach the final - who cares? In the last 10 year's we had plenty of finalists and a number of winners.

Its just pure modern day football tripe. If something isn't absolutely fantastic then it must be absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

giphy.gif

EDIT: It appears the post that this gif is relating to was quickly deleted :( Should have QFT'ed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its actually a very good article,very honest with no propaganda .
    Watching Premier League games I’m still enthused, still entertained, but at times I despair when I judge them alongside the Champions League matches I see midweek. Most elite European teams are better organized and physically better – which is a scary one – and are certainly better technically.

The pundits on Sky Wednesday night,Carragher,Redknapp and Henry were also very honest and not afraid to put the boot in when criticising the standard of football in England.
    I was shocked at how critical they were .

I thought this comment on the Neville article was very insightful
    Intelligence. That's the key. British football from top to bottom is anti-intellectual. Quick or tough is always preferred to smart, from the age of 6 upwards. It's a dreadful ladsy culture, and I say that as a lad of 52. We have oafs running clubs, we have oafs in the terraces watching and, for the most part, we have oafs opinion-forming. Being intelligent is seen as a weakness. It goes back to that Graeme Le Saux reading the Guardian thing. British football is Robbie Fowler. A lad who thinks it's funny to make 'homo' jibes or pretend to sniff a white line, who dives to win a penalty and then is portrayed as a hero for admitting he's a cheat. British football is Mark Lawrenson jokes, managers blaming refs, telling kids to boot it or "bring 'im down". British football is delusional, illiterate, inarticulate, short-termist, banter-obsessed, crude, lazy. The dearth of ethics in British culture - football is merely a product of a wider problem - seem to infect the foreign imports. Yaya Toure gets cross that someone forgot his birthday cake. It's an easy life. Too easy. The hardest thing is choosing the colour of the leather in your Range Rover. How many players try and learn new skills or add new qualities to their game after 19? Very few. Harry Kane, one lad who has worked very hard to overcome a lack of natural talent, is derided for his looks. Gary Neville, who admits to not understanding the beauty of football is regarded as a footballing Einstein. And a nation of brain-washed nonces, instead of talking to their wives or friends or kids, switches on the Sky box for another dose of 'entertainment'. We are the problem.

Advertisement