Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usher @ 3 Arena (Point Depot)

Options
  • 20-03-2015 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi All,

1st gig I went to as a teenager was Usher. So the girlfriend suprised me with tickets 11 years later. Nice thought.

My question. It says doors 6.30pm. Has no show time on it. I've not been to a gig in the 3 arena since it was done up years ago. What time would it start roughly?

And where would be a good place for me and the girlfriend to have a few drinks?

Thanks,
    DamienOB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Main acts generally start about 9 - 9.15.

Drinks - Gibson Hotel/Harrys is right beside the 3Arena, Cill Airne boat is just up the quays a bit.
    I'd generally go to the Oarsman in Ringsend and just walk across the East Link.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CorkyLFC

DamienOB wrote: »
    Hi All,

1st gig I went to as a teenager was Usher. So the girlfriend suprised me with tickets 11 years later. Nice thought.

My question. It says doors 6.30pm. Has no show time on it. I've not been to a gig in the 3 arena since it was done up years ago. What time would it start roughly?

And where would be a good place for me and the girlfriend to have a few drinks?

Thanks,
    DamienOB

Presume the show would start at 8ish, theres a bar in the arena to the side called Bar Neon (i think thats the name). Its available for people on the 3 network (but i say you can just blag your way in). Prices are steep but its a nice place to have a few before and after the gig.

Saw Usher a few years ago in NYC, not my type of music but did enjoy the songs I did recognise. Puts on a great show either way.

Enjoy the night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

I didn't think he was still "Arena" relevant myself but there you go.

I plan on trying to avoid the packed luas by getting around the Arena earlier than the crowd. I will try those suggested spots for a drink.

Thanks very much for the replies

Advertisement