Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sd card unreadable

Options
  • 20-03-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I have a 32g sandisk class 10 micro sd card that is unreadable on my macbook pro it also won't work in my camera. I don't care about any data or files that may be on on the card, I would just like to get it operating again. Disk utility recognizes the card but I cannot repair it or erase it for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have next to no idea about these things, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Unfortunatly sd cards can go bad, I've had to bin a couple recently. You could try a utility called 'sdformatter' and see if that can do anything for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 foambullets

Thanks, it has been sitting in my drawer for six months (working before that). I just bought a new camera and thought it might be good to to have a spare sd card. I will hang on to it and someone in the family may know how to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Try formatting it in a windows or linux pc,
    to fat32 or ntfs file format.
    buy a usb card reader in dealz ,2 euro shop.
    cost 1.50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Thanks, it has been sitting in my drawer for six months (working before that). I just bought a new camera and thought it might be good to to have a spare sd card. I will hang on to it and someone in the family may know how to fix.

Not worth the hassle. If it's bad, it can't be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 foambullets

Not worth the hassle. If it's bad, it can't be trusted.

Very good point, 20-30 euro should get me a new one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement