Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Fenix 3 in BM store in Ireland ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

gobgoo wrote: »
    Only 265 including delivery on Amazon.de for fenix 3 hr

got a link? Can't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Spaniard14

Haven't found the Fenix 3 HR that cheap anywhere...

I have a temptation, the Garmin Chrono. Looks great, however, we all know that this type of watch is not like the old grandpa watch. Probably in 4 years the battery will be dead, and 800 euro sent to the bin.

Found it on amazon.de and ordered... it seems like they will cancel the order. They emailed first to say they cannot predict when it will be sent... I expect the next mail to say they have to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

mloc123 wrote: »
    Found it on amazon.de and ordered... it seems like they will cancel the order. They emailed first to say they cannot predict when it will be sent... I expect the next mail to say they have to cancel

I had a look on amazon.de and they say can't deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i couldnt see it on amazon.de - got a ink?

• Advertisement

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01GG0C2D0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This was it, but the price has jumped back up again now... Which makes me think it was a pricing error they will not honour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01GG0C2D0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This was it, but the price has jumped back up again now... Which makes me think it was a pricing error they will not honour

Says something about Black Friday near the Add to Cart button.

Update now to say the order was cancelled... I am shocked, not.

Might go for the 735xt instead now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Update now to say the order was cancelled... I am shocked, not.

Might go for the 735xt instead now

If you can, I would hold out for another few weeks. I can gaureentee that the fenix 3 will be on sale.

Have this watch about 5 months and love it.

BobbyT28

Just ordered one using the link above: 253euro. Hope it is not too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Spaniard14 wrote: »
    Just ordered one using the link above: 253euro. Hope it is not too good to be true.
    Might be zero feedback seller

Yeah, should I cancel now that I am on time?

Also, googling Alexandra's of Keswick points to a ladies clothes shop.

I think amazon has buyer protection so you should be OK one way or the other.

I think amazon has buyer protection so you should be OK one way or the other.

Have cancelled. Yeah, it's too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

No Fenix 4 it's rumoured, they're going straight to the 5!

Garmin Fenix 5 Leak

3x-fenix-m.jpg?w=640

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone having issues with GPS accuracy on these?

At the end of this run there is mad little loop its added in of its own accord. While I appreciate the 1:50 m/m pace it's not exactly realisitc. Anyone else having problems? This is the seocnd time this has happened in a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

We cant see your map as it is listed as private but i have not had any problems with gps accuracy.
    The only thing that went wrong for me was the altimeter. Was saying i was at 20000 meters. Fixed after i gave the watch a wash. (Salt in the barometer slot i believe)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Here it is on strava:

https://www.strava.com/activities/781929447

Hopefully you can see this one!

• Advertisement

Same crap again tonight. Going to try a hard reset. Hope its not a hardware issue :(

http://m.watches.uhrzeit.org/watches/Garmin/Smartwatches/Quatix-Bravo-Marine-010-01338-1B.php

Does anyone know if the watch face on the quatix bravo is available for the Fenix 3? I can't seem to find it on the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

http://m.watches.uhrzeit.org/watches/Garmin/Smartwatches/Quatix-Bravo-Marine-010-01338-1B.php

Does anyone know if the watch face on the quatix bravo is available for the Fenix 3? I can't seem to find it on the store.

Garmin do this Marine one.

Cheers for the reply Beep beep. This is the face I'm looking for (was on my phone earlier and it was proving difficult to post a pic!)

519DyNf7GyL.jpg

Cheers for the reply Beep beep. This is the face I'm looking for (was on my phone earlier and it was proving difficult to post a pic!)

Just keep an eye on the app store, if that's a new watch someone will give it a shot soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Are race markers that accurate in Ireland?

BTW what's the best deal on Fenix 3 at the moment?

Djoucer wrote: »
    Are race markers that accurate in Ireland?

How else would you use a pace band?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    How else would you use a pace band?

With a stop watch.

But why would use a garmin but then rely on mile markers that may be inaccurate? Genuine question.

Is it not the case that the app is completely useless if the markers are out?

• Advertisement

Ok, so lets dumb it down.

A Garmin is a stopwatch with added functionality.
    One of the added functions is GPS, which we know isn't 100% accurate.
    You would hope that some if not all the mile/km would be accurate (otherwise your pace band and and stopwatch are equally redundant).
    The app will reset your average pace based on the course markers, so you can use your stopwatch with added functionality, rather than your stopwatch and a pace band.

HTH

Advertisement