Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Fenix 3 in BM store in Ireland ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Fenix 3 Saphire (non-built in HRM version) Performer bundle (Silver / Leather strap) on sale on SportPursuit for €355. 'Seems' like a decent price (I wouldn't really know), but not so sure about the leather strap for regular training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

BobbyT28 wrote: »

Anyone used eglobal before? Are they legit and trustworthy? Just wanted to double check as they are based in Hong Kong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Anyone used eglobal before? Are they legit and trustworthy? Just wanted to double check as they are based in Hong Kong

With the further drop in GBP last week and for greater piece of mind, the current +15€ on Amazon (<3%) is worth it for piece of mind alone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone having Bluetooth connection issues recently?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

adrian522 wrote: »
    Anyone having Bluetooth connection issues recently?

Yes, seems to be an issue all day today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Been a few days for me. Hope it sorts itself out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

How would your Bluetooth issues be related? Was there a recent update that I haven't received yet?

Edit: Yes, I see there's a recent update to the app and others have complained about the synching issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Hi all

Came off the bike today and scraped the face of my Fenix 3 and a bit of the bezel. Any idea how I go about getting this repaired?

Cheers

TheBazman wrote: »
    Hi all

Came off the bike today and scraped the face of my Fenix 3 and a bit of the bezel. Any idea how I go about getting this repaired?

Cheers

Be interested in this also, mine is looking worse for ware

BobbyT28

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Be interested in this also, mine is looking worse for ware

BobbyT28

Have you tried dropping Garmin support an e-mail?

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/

Garmin forums ( found here) might be also worth a look, a quick search threw up this

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-the-trail/wrist-worn/fenix-3/140941-scratch-on-f3-glass-solution

However I guess that solution might depend on how badly scratched the screen is.

Hi folks,
    Hope it's ok to post this.

Selling my Fenix 3 on adverts. Anyone interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/13849361

Thanks
    BobbyT28

Hi folks,
    Hope it's ok to post this.

Selling my Fenix 3 on adverts. Anyone interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/13849361

Thanks
    BobbyT28

Sold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Spotted the F5 available from the UK for £416 (~€470) for anyone looking for one. Personally I'd be more tempted by the 935 for £372 but think that would be overkill for me as wouldn't use most of its features.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just wondering how long Fenix 3 owners have had their watch for?

I've had mine since October 2016. Used mostly for cycling, running, swimming and hiking. Approx. 100 activities in total.
    I ask because mine seems to be having a few issues lately...
    The watch froze during an activity. I had to leave it a few hours before it responded again. Another time it couldn't resume an activity after selecting 'resume later'. It's also been having some sync issues.

Try a hard reset I'd say. I haven't had too many problems (bought April 2015). I had some GPS issues about a year ago but a hard reset sorted that problem out. I don't bother with the HR strap anymore as it started giving problems and I never bothered replacing it.

Try a hard reset I'd say. I haven't had too many problems (bought April 2015). I had some GPS issues about a year ago but a hard reset sorted that problem out. I don't bother with the HR strap anymore as it started giving problems and I never bothered replacing it.

Cheers Adrian, I might try that if these issues persist.

Is this the reset you are referring to?
    Setting > System > Restore Defaults

Yes, if that doesn't work there is a method of holding down the light button for 25 seconds.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix3/EN-US/GUID-626CD309-6FCC-4960-81DE-382682FFEC60.html

Yes, if that doesn't work there is a method of holding down the light button for 25 seconds.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix3/EN-US/GUID-626CD309-6FCC-4960-81DE-382682FFEC60.html

Yeah I've done the 'soft' reset a few times (holding the light button for 25 seconds)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Yeah I've done the 'soft' reset a few times (holding the light button for 25 seconds)

Presume you are on the latest firmware 8.70?

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Presume you are on the latest firmware 8.70?

Yeah I'm on 8.70

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Just wondering how long Fenix 3 owners have had their watch for?

I've had mine since October 2016. Used mostly for cycling, running, swimming and hiking. Approx. 100 activities in total.
    I ask because mine seems to be having a few issues lately...
    The watch froze during an activity. I had to leave it a few hours before it responded again. Another time it couldn't resume an activity after selecting 'resume later'. It's also been having some sync issues.

I have a Fenix 5 since September 2017. Problems lately and Garmin have been fantastic in terms of customer service. It’s gone back now to be replaced. If out of guarantee I think they will still replace it at an additional cost - not sure if it’s the same for all watches but was €100 for mine, though I was within guarantee.

Maybe worth a phone call?

Kellygirl wrote: »
    I have a Fenix 5 since September 2017. Problems lately and Garmin have been fantastic in terms of customer service. It’s gone back now to be replaced. If out of guarantee I think they will still replace it at an additional cost - not sure if it’s the same for all watches but was €100 for mine, though I was within guarantee.

Maybe worth a phone call?

Thanks Kellygirl, that's good to know about their customer service. If it keeps giving me trouble then I have nothing to lose by calling them.

Seems like a pretty good deal on the Fenix 5s: eGlobalCentral for €397. It's typically £450-£500 sterling on Amazon.co.uk.
    Note: I've ordered from eGlobalCentral before and had no problems, but others have had delivery problems in the past, so best to pay by PayPal, if ordering from the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Seems like a pretty good deal on the Fenix 5s: eGlobalCentral for €397. It's typically £450-£500 sterling on Amazon.co.uk.
    Note: I've ordered from eGlobalCentral before and had no problems, but others have had delivery problems in the past, so best to pay by PayPal, if ordering from the site.

Its a lot of money to pay with the chance of a customs bill and very little in the way of after sales service etc. Stuff comes from China

Its a lot of money to pay with the chance of a customs bill and very little in the way of after sales service etc. Stuff comes from China
    Stuff comes from Europe. I did call out the caveats in my post but by all means pay the extra €150. I'm just sharing!

Stuff comes from Europe. I did call out the caveats in my post but by all means pay the extra €150. I'm just sharing!

They say that but lots of posts about how it actually ships from China. Company has been under different names in different european countries the latest i believe is in Malta. Either way the postmark in many cases in from China

They say that but lots of posts about how it actually ships from China. Company has been under different names in different european countries the latest i believe is in Malta. Either way the postmark in many cases in from China
    In my case, it was from Portugal, which was in the EU, not liable for import duties. But like I said, I called out the caveat in my original post.

In my case, it was from Portugal, which was in the EU, not liable for import duties. But like I said, I called out the caveat in my original post.

Not the import duties that they have been accused of avoiding. It is the Vat. That is still liable. The accusations seem to be that they have not being paying the vat over to the authorities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Apologies if this has been answered already, but without setting the watch to miles, is it possible to set the Fenix 3 to auto lap every 1.61km?

Thanks

Advertisement