Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Alarm Question

Options
  • 20-03-2015 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I know the normal user alarm code but I have forgotten the engineer code. I had it written down but I can't locate it. I have tried resetting it using the method in the user guide and also using the default engineer code but it did not work.

Can an engineer code contain the number zero as the code number I think it is has zero in it but the keypad goes back to the normal display when I enter the code number that has a zero in it? Is there a way to tell the number of digits in the engineer code?
    Is there a device I can buy that will allow me to view or reset the engineer code?
    Thank you for any replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hello Mary. The engineer can not contain a zero . You press zero before entering any code to clear the display (memory) . The engineer code can be 4,5,or 6 digits long. There is no way to tell how long it is & there is no easy way to display or find the code. You would need an engineer to reset the panel for you if it is engineer locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mary2015 wrote: »
    I know the normal user alarm code but I have forgotten the engineer code. I had it written down but I can't locate it. I have tried resetting it using the method in the user guide and also using the default engineer code but it did not work.

Can an engineer code contain the number zero as the code number I think it is has zero in it but the keypad goes back to the normal display when I enter the code number that has a zero in it? Is there a way to tell the number of digits in the engineer code?
    Is there a device I can buy that will allow me to view or reset the engineer code?
    Thank you for any replies.

There is a way of connecting to a laptop to retrieve the codes but you would need to know what you are doing to do this. I would advise if the system is locked to get an local engineer to do this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mary2015

It's OK - I found the number.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it sorted.
    Put it up somewhere safe :)

Advertisement