Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp upper back pain with barbell squats?

Options
  • 20-03-2015 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Hi. :) Just thought I'd try get some advice here because I'm a bit worried. I've been squatting fine with no injuries/pain up to now, but this week after stepping up the weight a small bit I've gotten through the first set or two fine, then halfway through the next set I get this really sharp pain in my upper back, just around my left trap muscle, and I have to stop. Usually it goes away a couple of minutes after and I can do other exercises fine. I know it must be some issue with form but I have no idea what, I think it could be something to do with the way I'm moving my hips or something but I really don't know. DOes anyone know anything I could do to stop it? Thanks so much. :)

Advertisement