Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of moving meter

Options
  • 20-03-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi we are getting a new door and need to move the esb meter. Our electrician is doing the bulk of the work but the ESB need to move the actual meter. We have been told today this will cost €400 even though our electrician will have done the bulk of the work?! I am a bit upset as we are due our baby very shortly and I had thought this would cost around €200. Not only that but they want paying upfront which is going to delay is by a week ...any advice???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Like it or lump it. Their equipment their rules. Nothing you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Seems to be par for the course. We are trying to get a reconnection (classed as new connection by ESB as it has been over two years off) done which involves connecting two wires and flicking a switch and they want over €1800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

I had the very same issue.

Electritian did all the re-wiring and the ESB just came and hooked up the meter. The job took them about 20 minutes.They wouldn't move on the price.

It's a rip-off, but your stuck with no choice unfortunately.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Agree with the above.
    Unfortunately there is nothing you can do.

Advertisement