Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you clarify who I am trolling

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You picked up a yellow card for that post. Your ban is for picking up 3 yellows this season.

Before starting a thread here you must first attempt to resolve your dispute directly with the moderator who issued the yellow card. Have you done so?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Of course. They didn't answer my question, told me to post here and stopped responding.
    You picked up a yellow card for that post. Your ban is for picking up 3 yellows this season
    I think that's a bit pedantic. If I hadn't picked up a "yellow card" for this post I wouldn't be banned, so I would like to know who I was supposed to be trolling in order to get the card. Maybe then we can discuss the others (haven't checked but one or both of them may be justified anyway so mightnt need to).

Thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I will be discussing your yellow card. If I uphold the yellow that fact you picked up a resultant ban is simply a consequence of that yellow and the ban will stand. If I overturn the yellow you revert to 2 yellows for the season and that ban will be overturned. Of course in those circumstances another yellow will see it re-imposed.

I realise a number of others were carded in the same thread, but this is your appeal, and I am not going to discuss those other cards. The recipients of those cards have the same right to appeal as you have should they so desire.

I shall have a look at the card later on.

Thanks. I don't see how it is trolling to observe that other people in the thread were breaking the rules more since the mod warning than after. I don't know who that is even supposed to be trolling. A few posts prior I even got a warning/card for quoting the Charter, which is ridiculous really.

Who are you trolling?

I've looked at your "contributions" to the thread over the past week or so. Around 20 posts in total. I cannot find a single post there actually discussing football. Yes you discuss the club, typically in a manner to differentiate it from the club you support. So your posts are typically off-topic, and are definitely trolling the thread.

A mod issued an in-thread warning because a tendency had arisen for certain posters to use terms that other posters found derogatory

You then pick up a yellow for commenting on that warning in-thread

You continue with your posts that are simply trying to build on the rivalry between Rangers and Celtic, and then post the following
    The posts since the "mod warning" have had more Fs and Hs than any of the ones before it
    So you've not taken onboard the previous yellow and continue to comment on the mod warning (yes, along with others who were dealt with in a similar manner)

Hence I'm seeing trolling, off-topic posting and commenting on modding. You are in my view very lucky to have only picked up the two yellows over the past week. I would guess your "contributions" over that period are not dissimilar to your previous posting within the thread. You have, in my view, benefited from the fact that posts in that thread are probably not reported to the same extent it happens elsewhere in the forum

Yellow card upheld

You may ask an admin to review this decision if you wish

• Advertisement

Few questions:

1. Who am I trolling - as you still have not answered this.

2. "I cannot find a single post there actually discussing football. Yes you discuss the club" - do you understand how contradictory this is? There is more to football than men kicking a ball at a goal. Especially with a club like Rangers with so much going on over the past few years. Take a look at the "football" section of a news website and see how many articles meet your narrow expectations for "discussing football".

3. "ou have, in my view, benefited from the fact that posts in that thread are probably not reported to the same extent it happens elsewhere in the forum" - why do you think this is? The rules on that board are a laughing stock and most of the users agree.

You are trolling anyone who enjoys a civilised discussion, particularly in the Rangers Superthread. Indeed in recent times you seem to have been spending more time in that thread than the equivalent thread of the team you support.
    Just looking back over the past couple week or so here are some examples of what you have posted:
    Intifada wrote: »
    Was just a joke son, sorry if your online liberties felt threatened there...
    It matters more when Rangers do it because when they do it it is tens of thousands of them, and their club has a huge history of anti-Irish and anti-Catholic bigotry
    Our "mob" don't tend to sing songs that are illegal (not in stadiums at least). That is the pertinent difference here. Being up to your knees in fenian blood, sending the Irish home because their genocide is over etc are not comparable to celebrating a hunger striker - these are not songs of hate, and it is why the charges are laughed out of the courtroom.
    Perhaps a bit of a tangent but most people I've spoken to, regardless of their opinions of Irish politics, have found Loyalist paramilitaries to be objectively far worse than the IRA. That's not meant as an affront to Unionism either, just an observation of the way way they acted. Not to say there are angels on either side.
    I am not going to blame the courts for Rangers allowing one of their bigoted mentalist fans into Ibrox. You can do so if you wish, it is another reason why your fans are so deplorable.

These are examples from just the past 10 days. You seem to take great pleasure in posting negatively about Rangers or their fans, introducing sectarian comments in an attempt to wind up fans of Rangers, and avoiding discussing the underlying topic, which is football. In this particular thread you are an out and out troll and if you continue in this vein you will quickly find your access to the forum revoked
    The rules on that board are a laughing stock and most of the users agree.
    No one forces you to post, but if you do decide to do so you are expected to abide by forum as well as site rules

Do you want an Admin to review my decision?

Beasty wrote: »
    Indeed in recent times you seem to have been spending more time in that thread than the equivalent thread of the team you support.
    Firstly I will post in whatever threads I see fit, at whatever rate I please. Unless you have introduced rules against this, which would not surprise me, it is of no relevance.

Secondly, the two threads share the same userbase and often discussions cross between the two. They are essentially threads where we discuss Scottish football (which, as you have learnt, includes more than just the 90 minutes on the pitch).
    Just looking back over the past couple week or so here are some examples of what you have posted:
    Your examples here are laughable and cement the fact that this appeal is a waste of time. If you think those posts are "trolling" there is absolutely no hope in making you see sense. You are so far out of your depth here it's unreal.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Given that you've been asked twice whether you want an admin review and have failed to ask for it on both occasions, I guess we're done here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement