Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss wants to cut my hours

Options
  • 20-03-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Any help thoughts appreciated.

Boss said he wants to reduce my hours, currently working 3.5 days and wants to cut it to 3 days. To confuse the issue I had a 6 month project for a sister company which means I have been working full time, project finishes at the end of this month when I assumed I would return to 3.5 days.

During this project my week was split 3 days with job 2 days with project. At no time before I was offered the project (which may have influenced my decision to take it or not) or during it was this proposed reduction raised. Was told yesterday, and they want it commence from April !!

Been in the job since 2008, started on 2.5 days a week and moved to 3.5 days since September 2013.

No economic problems here, no one else on asked to take a cut and my workload has increased.

Aside from loss of earnings etc, this will have a huge impact as I will have to cut a day from my minder meaning she probably will need to look elsewhere - she's been with us for four years and the kids adore here.

Can I be made take this reduction? In terms of a contract I have one from when I joined in 2008 however hours and job have significantly changed since then.

Do I have to accept this??

Advertisement