Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small desktop build

Options
  • 20-03-2015 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

hi guys. just looking to do a small desktop build for minimal use. mostly just internet/streaming stuff. have priced this up, any gaping holes/problems/recommended upgrades? i've already got a gaming pc, there'll never be any gaming on this.

ASRock H81M-HDS, Sockel 1150, mATX
    4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 PC3-14900 1866
    Corsair VS Serie VS450, Non-Modular, 80+
    Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition Box, 1150
    Crucial MX100 SSD 256GB (2,5", 7mm)
    Zalman T4 Mini-Tower - schwarz mATX, ohne Netzteil

for €315.63 delivered. half debating changing the SSD for a smaller one and getting a HDD, but that costs more and i never need to store anything on it really. just thought it'd be worth getting one with ample space for OS and any movies and stuff.

any advice welcome! thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

hopeful bump! ordering today, would love any thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

amorgan wrote: »
    hopeful bump! ordering today, would love any thoughts.

Ordering from Hardwareversand? Have you run the parts through the discount site to shave a few quid off?

How much is the SSD? There is one listed in the main bargain alerts forum (or was earlier)

hadn't seen that offer, thanks! the SSD is priced at €96.02, not sure it'd be worth buying elsewhere for the sake of 2 euro and a slightly smaller drive! yeah, i've been shopping on hardwareversande with geizhals.

the CPU is out of stock though, which is a pain. hopefully won't be a long delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I actually have a spare one of those, if you'd like it (the G3258). You can have it for €50. Only used it for a couple of weeks.

Serephucus wrote: »
    I actually have a spare one of those, if you'd like it (the G3258). You can have it for €50. Only used it for a couple of weeks.

appreciate the offer but i think i'm probably safer for the sake of a few quid getting the warranty. they have it back in stock now too, so gonna place my order. thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement