Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard and mouse not working after windows logo

Options
  • 20-03-2015 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭

Before I start I've Googled this but nothing seems to work.

I installed a new motherboard processer and power supply to my machine today and everything is up and running.

When I load windows up and go into the bios everything works fine. I have every usb option enabled and legacy enabled.

As soon as the windows logo appears my keyboard and mouse stop working right away both lights go out on the receiver.

It could be a drivers issue but again I can't get onto safe mode cause keyboard and mouse won't work there either.

I've currently no disc drive either so I can't load the cd that came with the mother board.

Any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Before I start I've Googled this but nothing seems to work.

I installed a new motherboard processer and power supply to my machine today and everything is up and running.

When I load windows up and go into the bios everything works fine. I have every usb option enabled and legacy enabled.

As soon as the windows logo appears my keyboard and mouse stop working right away both lights go out on the receiver.

It could be a drivers issue but again I can't get onto safe mode cause keyboard and mouse won't work there either.

I've currently no disc drive either so I can't load the cd that came with the mother board.

Any idea?

You mention receiver so I presume you have wireless keyboard and mouse here. Do you not have a wired version of either knocking about the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Fixed it after a while yesterday had to go out get a new disk drive in the end the selection in pc world is awful!

Anyway once I sorted the drivers and updated everything I noticed my sound card wasn't working either so had to fix that to!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

It's the drivers for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

It's the drivers for sure.

Wow! What an amazing guess!
    How'd you know that was the problem when the OP just previously posted that was the problem and they'd fixed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Polar Ice wrote: »
    How'd you know that was the problem when the OP just previously posted that was the problem and they'd fixed it?
    Uh, I obviously didn't read that post. What's with the attitude problem?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Polar Ice wrote: »

No need for that.

Advertisement