Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to look at

Options
  • 20-03-2015 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Been thinkng about moving to dublin with herself so weighing up the options

The job which ive interviewd with is foxrock while herself was looking at citywest or near

We have a dog so i guess our only options are a house

Any suggestions on where to look to rent..ideally nice for around max 1300 or 1400

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

You are at opposite ends of the city so I supoose the city centre is your best bet. You could get a two bedroom in Smithfield/Stoneybatter for your budget. Houses are hard to come by though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd be looking more around rathfarnham or firhouse, with the idea of ye both using the m50 .
    do you both drive?
    That budget won't get u much space in the city centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Lux23 wrote: »
    You are at opposite ends of the city so I supoose the city centre is your best bet. You could get a two bedroom in Smithfield/Stoneybatter for your budget. Houses are hard to come by though!

You'll get a 2-bed house in Stoneybatter for less than that. They're small but quaint. The houses I have seen in the area tend not to have much in the way of a garden though so may not be ideal if you have a dog. I was looking to move back in January and there were several houses going in that area at the time - The Property Shop on Manor St. seems to be acting as the agent for most of them. You would be near the Luas red line and could use that to commute to Citywest, but it's obviously not so convenient for Foxrock.

Have you looked around Balally / Sandyford / that end of Dundrum? It's not far from Foxrock and close to the M50 so handy enough for Citywest if you have a car. I don't know what the going rate for a house is there.

Advertisement