Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Scotland v Ireland, Murrayfield, Sat 2.30pm **See Mod Warning Post #1**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

After his heroics for two years running I give full permission to Leonardo Sarto to shag my sister

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THATAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Waaaaaaay more dedication to scouring the archives than I have, thanks for that!! Need to lose this kind of mentality, we do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Agree with George for once. No way Wales can win by 40 , no way Ireland can win by 20, no way England can win by 26 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Love 😍 love an Irish fan posting with emotion. Makes a great read. As I said maybe
    maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

What a brilliant win from Ireland. Hopefully those penalties do not affect us when the Brits and the French battle it out later on today.

The Irish team is team of heroes after their great performance from the Scots. They are a credit to us Irish folk.

Fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Just think about it... how good was that intervention from Heaslip?

Oh my God, it was sensational. Could be a Championship winner. Almost no words to describe how good it was... pure class.
    Still baffled that the knock on in midfield was never picked up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

AdamD wrote: »
    Still baffled that the knock on in midfield was never picked up

There was no knock on. That intervention was the difference maker.

Remember if the ball goes backwards and bounces forwards it's not a knock on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Every player on that field earned their stripes today.

But above all, fair play to the jocks,they should be rewarded with more than they get for heart alone, a team that just can't snatch that final piece of luck.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I honestly think O'Connell is getting better as he gets older. Outstanding today. Even had a cheeky offload at one point.

ONE MORE YEAR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

funtime93 wrote: »
    After his heroics for two years running I give full permission to Leonardo Sarto to shag my sister

I don't like pasta but I do like Sarto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So. We've seen two thrilling games up to now.

Can Les Bleus offer a good game for once? We developped a tendency to make our opponent play crap (not always as crap as we are though but still crap enough) :rolleyes: :pac:...

I think it's good for you though. Realistically I can't see us lose by 26 pts... It'll be a blessing in disguise if we get trounced but I'm afraid we'll just get an honourable defeat and stay in our nice mediocrity (PSA & Blanco said this week they knew where they're heading so we're fine :D ... :rolleyes:...).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Oh my God, it was sensational. Could be a Championship winner. Almost no words to describe how good it was... pure class.

Malcom O'Kelly-esque

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

ThisRegard wrote: »
    What cup are Ireland getting?

Centenary Quaich. Our version of the CC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There was no knock on. That intervention was the difference maker.

Remember if the ball goes backwards and bounces forwards it's not a knock on.

We were never given a proper angle but looked a knock on from the one we saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭stl.ire

Very, very happy. England will find it hard and if they are able to win this title they deserve it. Lovely to see Joe letting team open things up. Ireland can win in different ways which is great.

O'brien, POC, Best, Heaslip and Sarto all immense.

Ref had a good game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

He'd deserve the player of the championship award. He hasn't won any MOTM awards though, so I don't know if he will be considered.

I could definitely go for him being Player of the Tournament if Ireland win.

I would say he's probably been our most consistent player, maybe Henshaw.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭fitz

Needed more Beats by Dre tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

This shows Ireland are a serious team with the worlds best coach at the helm. Absolutley incredible second half from the boys.

Tigger wrote: »
    it was
    the try was disallowed because of knocked forward not because he didn't ground

The knock on Graham Hughes was referring to was Hogg knocking it forward over the line (Blue 15, he said) after Heaslip knocked the ball out, not any knock on in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Joe Schmdit says he is not gonna watch the England game. Jayzus ! :eek:

• Advertisement

It looked like it went backwards and bounced forward from the angle I saw, and from the angle the ref saw as well I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,456 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

The knock on Graham Hughes was referring to was Hogg knocking it forward over the line (Blue 15, he said) after Heaslip knocked the ball out, not any knock on in midfield.

ok thats stupid then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

He'd deserve the player of the championship award. He hasn't won any MOTM awards though, so I don't know if he will be considered.

No idea how that might weight against him but thoroughly deserved if he gets it. Find out what that man eats. Still brings everything he always brought, but has added to two areas in the last few years, imo - his ball-carrying and his hands. For a guy in his mid 30s, who should be battling the decline of his overall game, it simply beggars belief!

Neil3030 wrote: »
    No idea how that might weight against him but thoroughly deserved if he gets it. Find out what that man eats. Still brings everything he always brought, but has added to two areas in the last few years, imo - his ball-carrying and his hands. For a guy in his mid 30s, who should be battling the decline of his overall game, it simply beggars belief!

The shortlist was made up of MOTM winners in the past, a silly way to do it but there you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

ThisRegard wrote: »
    What cup are Ireland getting?

The Centenary Quaitch.

Don't even ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

Could easily have been MOTM today. Though Seanie deserved it too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

ProudDUB wrote: »

I wish I could join him

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It looked like it went backwards and bounced forward from the angle I saw, and from the angle the ref saw as well I guess.

Yeah was screaming at the telly in real time but though it was ok on second viewing although angle was crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

funtime93 wrote: »

It's actually Leonard O'Sarto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Grand little lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Provincial ****e a side wales put pressure on and squad responded. If England do it Fair play but my god what a day of emotions so far.

Nah went back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,392 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Thought POM was poor in the first half, but improved in the second. Still don't think he's had a great championship but fair play to him for that final 40.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A few years ago we lost a championship cause of conceding a silly try when chasing more scores, today a guy with a broken back saves a try from being scored a couple of minutes before the end.

2 home and 2 away wins makes for a very good championship in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I 100% know feck all about rugby it's official! Never thought we'd run a score like that, I love being wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

ProudDUB wrote: »

Ah, that's what I would do too. Help pass the time. Otherwise you'd just end up pacing in circles round the room.

I thought Schmidt passed the test with flying colours today, Scotland can be tricky, but he got the tactics & selections spot on, the team maintained shape and didn't play willy-nilly, and he did all he could to put Ireland in the clear. I don't think he could have done anymore, and if Ireland come up short it will only be because England pull a class display out of the hat.

Clegg wrote: »
    Thought POM was poor in the first half, but improved in the second. Still don't think he's had a great championship but fair play to him for that final 40.

He carried very well for periods in the second half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What a game!

Allez les blues!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭UnitedWeStand

A small note, congrats to Payne bouncing back with a try after Hooks horrible comments last week. Ran a fantastic line for his score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

All round excellent performance today. Fair play to Joe, he answered the critics (still can't believe some of the criticism pointed his direction in the last 7 days).

Whatever happens in Twickenham, there's not much else our lads could have done today. Immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

He carried very well for periods in the second half

He was inmense in that second half, call a spade a spade.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have we ever won consecutive six nations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Stheno wrote: »
    Have we ever won consecutive six nations?

1948 - 1949

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Stand up! Our Anthem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

What's posted on other forums is of no concern to boards.ie. post deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

Clareman wrote: »
    A few years ago we lost a championship cause of conceding a silly try when chasing more scores, today a guy with a broken back saves a try from being scored a couple of minutes before the end.

2 home and 2 away wins makes for a very good championship in my opinion.
    As does one home and three away .......

Not overly disappointed ..... We gave it a good lash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Anyone else think Scotland's line out throw was crooked before their non try?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Anyone else think Scotland's line out throw was crooked before their non try?

I certainly screamed so at the TV...

As does one home and three away .......

Not overly disappointed ..... We gave it a good lash.

Nor should you be.

Wales deserved the championship today, Ireland deserve the championship today, and if England do it they'll certainly deserve the championship today!

• Advertisement
Advertisement