Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Scotland v Ireland, Murrayfield, Sat 2.30pm **See Mod Warning Post #1**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

10 points up at the half is a great return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,456 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

At least 10 spells where we didnt look at all like a Joe Schmidt coached team in that half. Get big Hendo in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Kearney having a bad day. Luke has earned his place.

Healy's pick justified anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Important that we kept that 10 point margin going into half-time. Regroup and a chance to catch our breath. Kearney needs to be careful with his handling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Kearney has been poor in the 1st half. Seems jittery.

He's had a poor tournament. Someone like Payne who would add a playmaking and attacking strength from fullback needs to be looked at before the RWC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

19543261 wrote: »
    Shake of the head from Schmidt there

Been Ireland's worst performance of the tournament by far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Well pleased with that. Open game and reddan, Croinin, Henderson and Madigan will love this game when they come on

Get toner off quick, very lethargic and reckon Madigan in for Payne and move henshaw 13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Tox56 wrote: »
    We've let Scotland into this game when we shouldn't have, we could be up by a lot more

Something has to be done about the lineout, we're not competing enough and it's a shambles offensively

Definitely, so nervous at each one now. Haven't a clue what's going wrong, but looks a confused mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭UnitedWeStand

Life were leading by at least 15 by 60 mins with Reddan to come on with Henderson then boy it'll be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hope to god we score higher in the 2nd half!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Dear Boardsies,

My apologies for doubting Fitzgerald so much.

Yours,
    A Trimble fan,though a previous Zebo over Fitz supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

We can get them out wide and sob immense going to win by the spread hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Don't think we will score enough points to beat Wales. We will be lucky to win this match

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Our scramble defense needs to be better.

They are excellent at sspotting mismatches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Well that's just wrong.

This match is made for Reddan and Henderson.

But we have to stop making mistakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Life were leading by at least 15 by 60 mins with Reddan to come on with Henderson then boy it'll be interesting.

I think Reddan on as early as possible would be a huge boost in speed,the Scots can't handle speed in their 22

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Our scramble defense needs to be better.

They are excellent at sspotting mismatches.

Making us look slow footed all over the park

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

If we stop kicking the ball away we will get the tries. Can see us scoring 3 more tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

I think we will need to score 3 tries in the second half to take us over the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

He's had a poor tournament. Someone like Payne who would add a playmaking and attacking strength from fullback needs to be looked at before the RWC.

We agree!! Knew it would finally come!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Rory Best was penalised after 17 minutes and Scotland scored the resulting penalty. The official reason was "not rolling away" which makes no sense given that Best was literally picked up by a Scottish player and flung over the body of the Scottish ball carrier (who was lying on the ground) onto the ground at the far side. Literally as soon as Best hit the ground, the referee blew for a penalty. Donal Lenihan later referred to the incident saying Best came in from the wrong side. He did not. Neither did he come in "off his feet".

Then at 20:00 an Irish player is on the wrong side of a breakdown situation and makes no effort whatsoever to roll away. Yet play continues.

The rules of this game and a significant number of decisions by referees make no sense. And anybody who says they do is lying.

The Kearnivore's Gaelic football handling skillz coming up trumps for Ireland, not.

Forward pass me arse for the Scottish try.

Ireland will win but I'd be surprised if they win by 21.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Don't think we will score enough points to beat Wales. We will be lucky to win this match

You're a continuous Ray of Sun shine arent ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Very similar pattern to the Calcutta Cup match. Scotland blown away in the first 15, came back into it in the remainder of the first half. Now if only the second half could follow suit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

SOBs half, he's been great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Poor half, don't deserve a 10 point lead but we'll take it. Need to be a lot more assured in possession if we're to take control of the game in the second half, lineouts have been abysmal and it's all been a bit scrappy.

Still, at least we're still in with a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭UnitedWeStand

I thought it was important O'Connell got that score. Not because of the title but to get the monkey off the back in screwing up scoring in the 22 after 5 phases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Despite a couple of mistakes, Ireland are now in a great position to go back out and put themselves top. I fancy them to win by the 21, and hopefully France can show their good side against England.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Some a bit harsh on POM I think for sure he hasn't had any MOM performances this 6N but its not like he is wildly out of form either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Luke has been absolutely excellent every time he has been vaguely even near the ball.

Can we lock Best in a room until the World Cup and make him work on his lineout operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

aimee1 wrote: »
    If we stop kicking the ball away we will get the tries. Can see us scoring 3 more tries.

What? We've run the ball from the 22 loads of times, probably too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Can anyone tell me what margin we must beat the Scots by to get ahead of Wales and also what do England have to win by if Ireland win by the required amount?

Agree kearney poor but my god we struggle sometimes with random grubber kicks through. Scotlands 10 12 axis very good. No more mistakes

Was last pass for scotland try forward?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Halftime no harm for us Scotland were building up as head of steam.

youtube! wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what margin we must beat the Scots by to get ahead of Wales and also what do England have to win by if Ireland win by the required amount?
    21 another 11

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

We need a 21 point margin. I think England needs 17.

Edit: England only needs 17 if we win by 21, they'll win by try difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I think we'll regret that ridiculous try we conceded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Living on reputation for a while now. Poor counterattack and tackler. Look at what other fullbacks offer and see what we're missing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

We need to tighten things up a bit in the second half and then if necessary, throw caution to the wind again in the last 15. We'll concede at least another try in the second half if we keep playing like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

WTF, when was the last time you watched a game?

21 and England must get within 4 points of our winning margin

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

sydthebeat wrote: »
    You're a continuous Ray of Sun shine arent ya

The level of negativity and pessimism from some boardsies in the last couple hours has been ridiculous. Some saying we'd fail to put 10 points on Scotland and be lucky even to win.

Tox56 wrote: »
    What? We've run the ball from the 22 loads of times, probably too much

But our kicking is giving away possession. We are not getting the ball back. Its giving scotland possession and territory

I think we'll regret that ridiculous try we conceded.

Scotland arent there for target practise. It was actually a well worked try from them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Sob, poc, Healy good

Kearney, toner poor

Pom and heaslip need to show more too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Great start for Ireland but the Scots arent lying down. This could go down to the last minute.

Irlandczyk wrote: »
    The level of negativity and pessimism from some boardsies in the last couple hours has been ridiculous. Some saying we'd fail to put 10 points on Scotland and be lucky even to win.

Probably a match to put boards aside until the game is over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

If ireland can score first after the break especially if it's a try IMO there is a possibility the floodgates could open. Scotland front row will tire in particular. I actually would be quite keen to put Madigan at 12 and move Robbie to 13.

Advertisement