Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God of War 3 Remastered (PS4)

Options
  • 20-03-2015 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just announced for a July 14th release date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

God of War 3 is great n' everything but unless you're gonna bring the entire series to PS4 then don't bother. The reason for most of these remasters is to get money from people who migrated to PS4 from the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fine I guess. I mean its hardly a game that set the world alight on its initial release and I'm not sure what a bump in resolution brings to a game like this.

It sure would be nice if Sony were bringing out some good new games for the PS4 though. Eurogamer are reporting on a HD remake of Gravity Rush which is really scraping the barrel, while Microsoft are asking people if they'd buy an Alan Wake remake as if anyone bought an Xbox One for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I really don't see the point of a God Of War 3 remaster at all like theses remasters are basically a joke at this stage with the amount of them out now just give us new games and stop giving us the remasters of games we never wonted looking at you Sleeping Dogs and God Of War 3.

Was also reading there is post to be a crysis remaster now if they make them board ass 1st person shooters into a set i think i will just give up.

But having said that i wouldint mind a Gears Of War set with all the DLC on one disc for the xbox one as thats something people do won't !!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I found God of War 3 really quite poor especially compared to the amazing GoW 2. This one would be the most unwanted HD remake for me if Beyond: Two Souls wasn't on the cards, seriously **** that game.

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I found God of War 3 really quite poor especially compared to the amazing GoW 2. This one would be the most unwanted HD remake for me if Beyond: Two Souls wasn't on the cards, seriously **** that game.

Exhausting these HD remakes

God of War 3 was enjoyable on the PS3 nothing more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Echo the sick of remasters at this stage comments.

Release more new games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

mdwexford wrote: »
    Echo the sick of remasters at this stage comments.

Release more new games.

I approve of this message.

If a game was great the first time, on the PS2/PSP, by all means lets do it again with a better frame rate and improved visuals, great example is the remaster of Ico/SotC on the PS3.
    But otherwise, is it really worth the effort?
    I really enjoyed, if that's the word, The Last of Us on the PS3, but with no new content aside from DLC I can get cheaply right now, why should I buy the game all over again, I know the visuals got an overhaul but they were perfectly brilliant already!
    At least in Metro Redux it altered the gameplay in both chapters, allowing the player to have a better overall experience, as well as buffing up the visuals, though at least the Redux pack was never sold at a premium price and has since been discounted heavily, making it an essential PS4/XB1 purchase, while TLOU was released at a high price afaik and has remained in the primo range to this day.
    Not bad for a 9 month old remaster of a game that was only 12 months old to begin with!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I really don't see a problem with remasters. If people weren't buying them then they wouldn't keep releasing them. Besides, they rarely pull resources away from the studio that initially developed the game as they are usually done by studios such as Bluepoint who port them over while the original studio continues to develop new IPs or new entries to the series. It could also be the case that the original studio is porting it over in order to familiarise themselves with the PS4s architecture like Naughty Dog did with The Last of Us

As well as that, it is likely they are doing this so it releases right around when they announce a new GoW this summer. Great way for people who have switched over from Xbox to experience the game too.

• JeaicMaG wrote: »
    I really don't see a problem with remasters. If people weren't buying them then they wouldn't keep releasing them. Besides, they rarely pull resources away from the studio that initially developed the game as they are usually done by studios such as Bluepoint who port them over while the original studio continues to develop new IPs or new entries to the series. It could also be the case that the original studio is porting it over in order to familiarise themselves with the PS4s architecture like Naughty Dog did with The Last of Us

As well as that, it is likely they are doing this so it releases right around when they announce a new GoW this summer. Great way for people who have switched over from Xbox to experience the game too.

It kills creativy, publishers and developers are picking up revenue for people who are willing to pay for regurgitated content and are getting even more into this trend.

A game doesn't even need to be critically acclaimed or released within a a few years and somehow we are still seeing remasters

DMC
    Borderlands 2 ffs yet again
    God of War 3
    State of decay

Just to name a recent few

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just want to see some original titles on my PS4, games that will simply impress the hell out of me.
    So far only Drive Club has been close and that is because of the Project Gotham/MSR DNA that runs through it.
    The rest is forgettable or cross platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It kills creativy, publishers and developers are picking up revenue for people who are willing to pay for regurgitated content and are getting even more into this trend.

A game doesn't even need to be critically acclaimed or released within a a few years and somehow we are still seeing remasters

DMC
    Borderlands 2 ffs yet again
    God of War 3
    State of decay

Just to name a recent few

Well, seeing as the studios who originally developed the game are, for the most part, not the one committing resources to the development of these remasters, it should not impact creativity whatsoever. In fact, it provides an extra means of revenue for these companies which goes towards the development of new titles.

I do agree however that it is getting a little out of hand. I don't see any reason for some of the games which have been remastered to have been re-released. It does have a lot to do with publishers milking every last drop from a product but I don't think it is having a massive impact on the quality and quantity of games we will see this generation.

Games are becoming more expensive to produce and they also have longer development times than ever and it is probably a case that remasters are an attempt to fill the void between releases and a means of generating revenue

Just wait until they announce the Uncharted collection this Summer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

JeaicMaG wrote: »

I agree with this tbh. I didn't have a PS3 so it's a chance for me to play the game. I'd love to see more like the Unchartered series also remastered.

Are they then the gaming equivalent of a clip show?
    And episode made to fill in where the budget won't allow a proper episode?
    In games it's just an opportunity to dig down and wring more money from console owners, selling them old rope and calling it new.
    That said, I like the value for money in the likes of the Jak&Daxter, Ratchet&Clank and Sly Cooper trilogy packs, for both the PS3 and Vita, plenty of value there.
    But they are more of a compilation rather than HD remaster, a habit begun with the excellent Prince of Persia and Silent Hill collections on the PS2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Are they then the gaming equivalent of a clip show?
    And episode made to fill in where the budget won't allow a proper episode?

Nope, I'd call it equivalent to a Blu-Ray release. Like films, games do benefit from a spit and polish for both newcomers and fans alike. One could even suggest games benefit more given how quickly they can fall behind the curve in presentation and technical terms alone. DMC would be a good example of a game ignored by many first time around, and had some restrictive technical issues the new version dealt with - so a re-release is therefore entirely justified. Plus I'd consider the bundling of DLC and extra content an extension of the 'GOTY' re-releases that have been popular for years and years - actually even better if they get a wortwhile next-gen makeover in the process.

I reckon the negativity stems from they seem to be used to fluff out release schedules until the actual next-gen titles arrive, which is indeed rather frustrating - especially when they're mediocre titles like GOWIII. In a more balanced release schedule they absolutely have their place. And definitely the more generous remakes have set a high watermark both in terms of quantity and value - a full-priced one seems a bit rich when you can get something like, say, The Master Chief Collection for the same price (ignoring the fact it was totally broken at launch :pac:). I'd like to see games re-released with more of a 'Criterion' like approach too - a physical release with, say, quality retrospective writing in an accompanying booklet would be a really nice bonus for games that deserve some critical reappraisal. But I don't think enough people take games seriously enough yet for that to be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

nobody pick this up in dublin?

any prices? cant see it on argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

They have it in Xtravision for €50. Bugger that!! Just bought the Digital Edition.

They have it in Xtravision for €50. Bugger that!! Just bought the Digital Edition.

how much is gamestop 50 they can F off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It's 39.99 on their online store

It's €40 in Smyths I think.

It's 39.99 on their online store

Was just in the Ashbourne store.
    Strange that it's not in Argos. I tried earlier as I get all my games there but it ain't there yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was just in the Ashbourne store. Strange that it's not in Argos. I tried earlier as I get all my games there but it ain't there yet.

They must have different prices online

The games calection have it for 22 pounds at the moment for a open box one. So about 30 euros or then not bad at all.

The games calection have it for 22 pounds at the moment for a open box one. So about 30 euros or then not bad at all.

who are they ?

For the sake of a few euro you're better off just getting the Digital version. You'll have it quicker too.

• 40 Quid is robbery fs
    Little or no difference from the game since it's PS3 release with no new additional content. Cash grab from Sony IMO

If it was more like the God of War collections Volume 1 or 2 then yes I could understand a 40 quid price point but this is just ****ty

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    40 Quid is robbery fs
    Little or no difference from the game since it's PS3 release with no new additional content. Cash grab from Sony IMO

If it' was more like the God of War collections Volume 1 or 2 then yes I could understand a 40 quid price point but this is just ****ty

Agreed. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition was €30, but came with 3 new (and very different) playable characters, additional features/tweaks, new costumes etc.

For GoW3, a graphical upgrade (and a minor one at that from looking at videos/screenshots), photo mode and everything unlocked wouldn't be nearly enough to warrant €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

GOW 3 looked spectacular on the PS3 anyway. I don't know what tweaks they could have done really. Not worth it if you've played before I don't think but if you haven't you are in for a real treat. I would think its potential PS+ content come the turn of the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Saw a stream for it and forgot how incredible the game looks! I'm not going to buy it but I must say I was really in the mood to play it after seeing it again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's gets frighteningly dull after the opening spectacle.

Advertisement