Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOSERA Dog & Cat Food

• 20-03-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any comments on JOSERA Dog & Cat food (available from JOSERA-IRELAND.IE)

I got samples of their cat and dog foods today, and the ingredients look pretty good - but what do I know - the dog kibble as its grain free. The cat kibble has maize - is maize the issue for cats that is can be for dogs?

Adult/Sensitive Dogs/Duck & Potato: Potato flakes, duck meat meal, poultry fat, sugar beet pulp, potato protein, carob meal, poultry meal, hydrolised yeast, chicory powder, sodium chloride. (protein 24%, fat 14%)

Adult/Sensitive/Salmon & Potato: Potato, salmon, poultry fat, sugar beet pulp, potato protein, carob meal, fish protein, hydrolised yeast, chicory powder, herbs, fruits (protein 22%, fat 14%)

Kitten: poultry meat meal, poultry fat, maize, rice, sugar beet pulp, salmon meal, maize, poultry protein, dried poultry liver, potassium chloride,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I got LOADS of samples of it at pet expo - kept the dogs in treats for weeks and weeks and no problems with it.. but imo it's pricey for what it is? Champion grain free has more meat in it and the duck and potato one is €5 cheaper. I get the turkey/lamb ones because they come in smaller bags - I just use it for treats so don't want 15kgs sitting around for months! When I got the first bag and left it on the counter Lucy tried to pull it down and every dog in the park is going crazy for it when I bring it as treats so it must be tasty lol! :p

http://www.dogfooddirect.ie/modules/shop/cats/champion-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I actually tried the little sample packs myself of the salmon and potato variety, yes, I actually ate a few as they were suitable for human consumption. Personally I would not feed it to my dogs, they were very potatoey, I like my dogs food to be more meaty.

God, this is the weirdest post I have ever made.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

aonb wrote: »
    Anyone have any comments on JOSERA Dog & Cat food (available from JOSERA-IRELAND.IE)

I got samples of their cat and dog foods today, and the ingredients look pretty good - but what do I know - the dog kibble as its grain free. The cat kibble has maize - is maize the issue for cats that is can be for dogs?

Adult/Sensitive Dogs/Duck & Potato: Potato flakes, duck meat meal, poultry fat, sugar beet pulp, potato protein, carob meal, poultry meal, hydrolised yeast, chicory powder, sodium chloride. (protein 24%, fat 14%)

Adult/Sensitive/Salmon & Potato: Potato, salmon, poultry fat, sugar beet pulp, potato protein, carob meal, fish protein, hydrolised yeast, chicory powder, herbs, fruits (protein 22%, fat 14%)

Kitten: poultry meat meal, poultry fat, maize, rice, sugar beet pulp, salmon meal, maize, poultry protein, dried poultry liver, potassium chloride,
    Maize is at best a filler, poultry fat can cause issues for cats, rice again is a filler and poultry protein. It's a lot better then supermarket food but not top of the line quality if that makes sense; with out digging to deep I'd probably place it ahead of the likes of RC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

aonb wrote: »

Hoe much is a 15kg bag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hoe much is a 15kg bag?

E43 for 10kg bag. collect from their warehouse or E3 delivery charge.
    Im off today to the various pet shops around me, to do some foot-work!
    Down to 1 dog, and 1 cat, its just not worthwhile the hassle and cost of online shopping for food for two small ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement