Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrical and Instrumentation dual trade?

Options
  • 20-03-2015 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Is e&i dual trade are you an electrician too .can u wire houses in your spare time?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

coffee222 wrote: »
    Is e&i dual trade are you an electrician too

This may help.
    can u wire houses in your spare time?

A time served electrician is the best qualified person to wire a house.

The legal position is that only a Registered Electrical Contractor is permitted to wire an entire domestic installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coffee222

I just noticed in Australia electrical instrumentation technicians are qualified electricians as they have Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician but in Ireland it doesn't seem to be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

I just noticed in Australia electrical instrumentation technicians are qualified electricians as they have Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician but in Ireland it doesn't seem to be the case

If you serve and apprenticeship in electrical instrumentation you will qualify as a fully qualified electrician and fully qualified instrument tech.

Hence e&i techs can do everything sparks can do. It is a dual trade

• Registered Users Posts: 7 coffee222

Are u a registered electrician? So if u wanted to u could wire houses.FAS told me ur not an electrician but have heard otherwise so just trying to get a definite answer

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

coffee222 wrote:
    Are u a registered electrician? So if u wanted to u could wire houses.FAS told me ur not an electrician but have heard otherwise so just trying to get a definite answer

I wouldn't be too worried about wiring houses in your spare time it'll get old quickly. If your given the opportunity to go e & I grasp it with both hands it'll stand to you in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

im phase 4 e/i and have always been led to believe we qualify as electricians also, so no reason we couldnt get registered to wire houses etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Don't think I'd want a FIG wiring my gaff. :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement