Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun shop Tallaght

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Was in there looking at a second hand rifle with second hand s&b scope. The owner <snip> tried to sell it to me at full retail saying that because he is an agent for s&b they cant discount scopes! This is afyer telling me how he had personally shot deer with this exact rifle and scope..... that coupled with the lack of knowledge made me decide against ever buying a gun there and i was looking to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

aaakev wrote: »
    Was in there looking at a second hand rifle with second hand s&b scope. The owner <snip> tried to sell it to me at full retail saying that because he is an agent for s&b they cant discount scopes! This is afyer telling me how he had personally shot deer with this exact rifle and scope..... that coupled with the lack of knowledge made me decide against ever buying a gun there and i was looking to buy
    Can't offer a discount, ah **** it sure I may as well throw a few bob on, the pm2 he has for sale can be bought 1000 cheaper.He had a second hand S and B up for 1200 euro I just got the same scope practically new for 600 pound so 820 euro that is some difference.Thank god for the Internet.

Can't offer a discount, ah **** it sure I may as well throw a few bob on, the pm2 he has for sale can be bought 1000 cheaper.He had a second hand S and B up for 1200 euro I just got the same scope practically new for 600 pound so 820 euro that is some difference.Thank god for the Internet.

ah ya wanna hear the ****e he was spouting, i was looking for a 243 and he didnt have one so he decides to start telling me i dont want one of them i want something else because a 243 is no good passed 100 yards.... :rolleyes: never mind the gun he was trying to sell me was 7 or 8 years old and not much cheaper than a new one.

it pisses me off when someone is assuming i don't know what im looking at or talking about and trying to screw me, very bad way to do business

aaakev wrote: »
    ah ya wanna hear the ****e he was spouting, i was looking for a 243 and he didnt have one so he decides to start telling me i dont want one of them i want something else because a 243 is no good passed 100 yards.... :rolleyes: never mind the gun he was trying to sell me was 7 or 8 years old and not much cheaper than a new one.

it pisses me off when someone is assuming i don't know what im looking at or talking about and trying to screw me, very bad way to do business
    Yeah don't like been talked to like i'm a fool or spoofed to ,I only use a couple of shops now as they don't mess lads around and price wise they will do a deal with you if possible, as I said earlier he has a good location there and could clean up but once you get a bad name I don't think you ever really loose it in this sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Cap1

Has anyone ever approach <snip> the owner about all this. It seems like a shame that a new shops reputation is being wreaked by one person.

• Advertisement

Cap1 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever approach shay the owner about all this. It seems like a shame that a new shops reputation is being wreaked by one person.
    Seems like he is part of the problem as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Has anyone ever approach <snip> the owner about all this. It seems like a shame that a new shops reputation is being wreaked by one person.

Afaik he is on boards aswell. He mentioned boards.ie to me before so if he is I'm sure he has seen all this.

Afaik he is on boards aswell. He mentioned boards.ie to me before so if he is I'm sure he has seen all this.
    Will he act on it though or keep going the way he is because lads above have said he is as bad as the bloke running the gun room

Was planning on heading out for a **** tonight but had no ammo so checked the site and it said Thursday 8am-7pm so I got there at 5:55 and doors closed?
    They let me in but still hadn't got the ammo I asked for 3 weeks ago.
    Dunno what they're doing up there. And I'd be a regular getting shooting and fishing things.

I'd take your business somewhere else.

• Advertisement

I'd take your business somewhere else.

I know pat in Lucan is a genuine bloke and is very helpful.

100 % he couldn't be anymore helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Was planning on heading out for a **** tonight but had no ammo so checked the site and it said Thursday 8am-7pm so I got there at 5:55 and doors closed?
    They let me in but still hadn't got the ammo I asked for 3 weeks ago.
    Dunno what they're doing up there. And I'd be a regular getting shooting and fishing things.

+1 on this, happened to me twice recently. Last time they were locking up 15 mins early, they told me at the door they were locking to call back in the morning :confused:

viper123 wrote: »
    +1 on this, happened to me twice recently. Last time they were locking up 15 mins early, they told me at the door they were locking to call back in the morning :confused:

Bet ya didn't go back?
    The money I spent up there you'd think I'd get some sort of discount with ammo and the likes?? 18 quid for box of American eagle
    I got two boxes of American eagle few weeks ago and the best he done was two for 34 quid. A whole two quid saved? and I took a mate with me up there to ask about getting a gun and they showed little or no interest in helping him. Didn't even show him a gun and I was quite surprised by the attitude.
    Also seemed as though they were rushing to get people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnnymolloy

went in a couple years ago when it was the original shop and was extremely unhelpful, it was my first time buying a gun and basically gave me no advice didnt explain the procedure or what was involved so took my business to des in outdoor sports in westmeath(the tallaght gunshop is within 5 mins of me) who i cannot recommend enough

went in a few years later to see what price ammo he had was told 1 price over the phone went in and was told another (higher)

<snip> is the owner and <snip> is the general manager afaik.
    <snip> is the young lad with the beard and a sound lad. Knows his stuff on guns. <snip> and a sound lad aswell.
    Was up there yesterday to sort out selling the rifle with them and worked out a bit of a deal on a .22. They are nice lads but when your looking for one of them they never around :(
    http://www.rrm.ie/index.php/shooting/product/63-savage-axis-rifle-223

You need to drop in and have a word in his ear

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BzrBren

<snip> is sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭luvhuntin

BzrBren wrote: »
    <snip> is sound!

Ah great stuff. I'm on my way over now to be spoken to by a someone who knows nothing but thinks he knows everything about everything, be told everything I own is sh1t and that everything in the shop(Usually jack Pyke) is the best, and then get fleeced if I buy anything and that's providing they even bother opening the doors. But it ll all be worth it coz "<snip> is sound"

Thanks BzrBren

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Soooo if your looking for some good advice & looking to pay a fair price for ammo/ guns / accessory's AVOID

But if your looking to pay over the odds and like to be told your own personal guns are sh!te then by all means go...

pm. wrote: »
    Soooo if your looking for some good advice & looking to pay a fair price for ammo/ guns / accessory's AVOID

But if your looking to pay over the odds and like to be told your own personal guns are sh!te then by all means go...

Seems to be the general consensus alright

• Advertisement

In a nutshell:
    If you are thinking of going to Range River Mountain, stay on the M50 and take the Blanchardstown exit and stay on this road until you come to Navan where any of the friendly natives will tell you where Sportsden is. What you spend on additional Petrol/Diesel and maybe a toll you will most likely get on your first purchase plus you will have the pleasure of dealing with some great guys whos objective is to make you a repeat customer by not only giving exceptional customer service they genuinely will go out of their way to find you what you are looking for and at a very reasonable price. One of the reasons hes still in business and by the looks of it maybe expanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

http://www.rrm.ie/index.php/shooting/product/63-savage-axis-rifle-223

You need to drop in and have a word in his ear

That is not the same rifle as this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94721143

The rifle DA has for sale is a Savage 10 XP Predator Hunter

http://guns.gearsuite.com/l/1766/Savage-10-XP-Predator-Hunter-Package-Brush-223-Remington

It is not a straight up Savage Axis. Comes with a factory boresighted scope in matching Mossy Oak camo and has a heavier barrel. He's asking about right for that I reckon. I have no want of a .223 but if he had that in a deer hunting calibre then I'd be all over it (if they'd take installments :) ).

At least deal in facts lads and not hear say and half truths.

Go in store and talk to the lads. If you have a REAL issue they'd probably listen.

Go in store and talk to the lads. If you have a REAL issue they'd probably listen.[/QUOTE]

A "Real" issue???????
    Sounds like something one of the lads in the shop would say or in other words "F**K OFF"
    Leaving the price of the gun aside you should read the whole thread slowly mate, I think you've missed something.

I've been in the store and the service is sh#* and that's a fact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement