Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Shandon tower Eclipse photo.

Options
  • 20-03-2015 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭

Spotted this on Twitter.Probably the best I've seen today.Turns Shandon into a mosque.Well done to @danielnuzum

CAj2cRcWwAAuJax.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Nice bit of photoshopping, alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Nice bit of photoshopping, alright.

Definitely photoshop. The sun is over the E on the directional sign. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Definitely photoshop. The sun is over the E on the directional sign. :)

Sun rises in the east

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

It isn't over the E, the light is just strong enough to make it appear that way. Look closer at it and you can see parts of the E in front of it. The same thing happens to a lesser degree on the vertical post (lesser because that part is thicker)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

indough wrote: »
    It isn't over the E, the light is just strong enough to make it appear that way. Look closer at it and you can see parts of the E in front of it. The same thing happens to a lesser degree on the vertical post (lesser because that part is thicker)

I'd question it because the foreground is in very sharp focus, even the bars towards the back of the tower are blurry. Surely then the sky would be blurry as hell in that case?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

mordeith wrote: »
    I'd question it because the foreground is in very sharp focus, even the bars towards the back of the tower are blurry. Surely then the sky would be blurry as hell in that case?

Um, the sky IS blurry. As is the sun.

I took a few very similar to that on Friday, but with birds and roof corners as I was nowhere near shandon. Sky even came out the same colour. I didn't 'shop mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

That picture was taken by Marcin Lewandowski. A fantastic photographer, so I wouldn't think that's it's been photoshopped.

here's his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/soundofphotography

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mlsop

Hi All, I just spotted this thread. Thank you KCAccidental for crediting me. I see this photograph doing rounds on the internet without any credit given but such are times... photographers are taken for granted... and naturally: we photoshop everything.
    Well, this photograph was not "photoshopped", whatever that means, I "kinda know what I am doing" with the camera so it was just a matter of getting settings right, checking path of the sun on the day, choosing location to make the shot possible and boom, ready.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

mlsop wrote: »
    Hi All, I just spotted this thread. Thank you KCAccidental for crediting me. I see this photograph doing rounds on the internet without any credit given but such are times... photographers are taken for granted... and naturally: we photoshop everything.
    Well, this photograph was not "photoshopped", whatever that means, I "kinda know what I am doing" with the camera so it was just a matter of getting settings right, checking path of the sun on the day, choosing location to make the shot possible and boom, ready.
    ;)

Bang on Marcin about the credits. Saw your photo doing the rounds without any credit given whatsoever man! Was pretty annoyed (photographer myself) and messaged a few pages asking why they didn't tag you or your page. However, congrats on such an amazing shot, and the work involved, big respect man!

It's very easy to say something's photoshopped without knowing the logistics of how the image was taken.

Advertisement