Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coddle

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Raw chicken on the bone boiled from the start would provide a lovely stock.

it surely would, but it wouldn't be a coddle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

it surely would, but it wouldn't be a coddle

Of course it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

CiaranC's recipe is the only recipe, everything else is just **** soup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Im disappointed to report that not only will my hubby not eat coddle but I rang my father in law last night, and he wont eat it either!!!

So I am alone in my coddle need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Call it sausage & potato hot pot? :) Like when monkfish was 'rebranded' from slimehead fish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Call it sausage & potato hot pot? :) Like when monkfish was 'rebranded' from slimehead fish.

Maybe Ill offer them the choice between sausage and potato hot pot and slimehead fish for the Sunday dinner this week?

^^^

Love it :D

Actually - I might be wrong about monkfish being called slimehead fish. It did have a much less lovely name sometime in the past though. I think. Stupid brain! I've given you coffee, what more do you want from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You sure about that? They seem to be completely different fish(es) :)

Nope! Not sure about it at all :) Was absolutely sure about it and then did a little digging around and it would appear that I am wrong. V.v. OcoddleT but I could swear they were called something loathsome sounding once

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They were known as sea-devils once I believe. They're still known as Zeeduivel in Dutch and Seeteufel in German, so that would be believable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Slimehead = Orange Roughy, they have little channels in their head that have a Jelly inside them.

Advertisement