Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Around Europe - Am I trying to do too much?

• 21-03-2015 5:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭

Hi all

So I'm travelling solo round Europe in the summer for a few weeks. Some things are already booked but there are a few blank spots which I'm trying to fill and I'm hoping I'm not trying to squeeze in too much. Also, I live in Australia full time so this euro trip is only a holiday so I won't get a chance to pop over to any of these places for a weekend later in the year!

Leg 1
    From 13th July, I have 17 days to make my way from Rome to Amsterdam (both already booked). I was looking to go to Venice for 2 nights, Zagreb for 2, Budapest for 2, Vienna for 2, Prague for 2, Berlin for 3 and Utrecht for 3 (visiting friends there). Berlin and Utrecht are almost nailed on but is 4 cities in 8 days too much for the others? Maybe some of those cities are crap and I should leave them out or is there somewhere else around there that might be better to go to?

Leg 2
    After Amsterdam, I have 8 days free before flying to London. I was thinking possibly Bruges for 2 nights (too much?), Paris for 3, Bern for 1/2 and Zurich for 1/2. I have people in Bern and Zurich to visit but not overly close friends so 1 or 2 nights is grand there. Is there more to do in Zurich than Bern?Again, I can easily change any of these but I would like to include Paris somewhere

Hopefully some of you well traveled souls can help me out with some advice. Only certs are I'd like to go to Paris and Berlin and I don't really want to go anywhere else in Germany as I've traveled around there before. Not much movement on my dates either as I'm going to a few festivals

Advertisement