Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung m3 1TB Only showing shortcuts

Options
  • 21-03-2015 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

I've a weird problem and its got my wife in tears as all of her photos are backed up on this.

Turning on the drive today the drive is showing as a folder. In this folder is only shortcuts which when clicked say the shortcut doesn't exist?

Ive scanned the drive and removed 4 virus's. When I scan the drive in antivirus the photos are all there (About 95gb of them) as i see the file names being scanned.

How do I access them again or find them?

My wife is in bits here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

They are probably just hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Go to start and run and type cmd and then enter.
    Then if your drive is say g: type the following and press enter...

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ok, They do seem to be hidden in a invisible folder created by a virus......If that's possible? I've now found them by searching the drive with *.* and im trying to copy them over to my laptop so I can reformat this external drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Take a back up as soon as possible. To the cloud or dvd.

Advertisement