Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot boys

Options
  • 21-03-2015 1:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Can anyone here tell me who or what were the Waterford boot boys? Were they football hooligans back in the 1970s? What part of the city were they from, what did they dress like, and what trouble did they cause?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Can anyone here tell me who or what were the Waterford boot boys? Were they football hooligans back in the 1970s? What part of the city were they from, what did they dress like, and what trouble did they cause?
    They loved fellas like you , polished their knee high Docs off yer chin regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

wellboytoo wrote: »
    They loved fellas like you , polished their knee high Docs off yer chin regularly.

really? scum bags organised themselves with a name and everything? sounds prehistoric

Max Powers wrote: »
    really? scum bags organised themselves with a name and everything? sounds prehistoric

I went to school with a clatter of them.
    drain straight jeans with a large turn up.6 inches off the ground, docs double denim or black bomber jacket.
    Crombie coats were often worn too .
    CRMR painted on walls or Johnnies ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Johnnies means from John's Park, what's CRMR?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 spikadelica

CRMR = Cork Road Mob Rule

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

What ever happened to the Peoples front of Waterford ? or was it the Waterford peoples front ?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Where are the boot boys now?

Where are the boot boys now?

Grey or no haired shuffling around town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Johnnies means from John's Park, what's CRMR?

Johnnies mean condoms, johnnylanders means from John's Park.

Anyone remember the Ferrybank punks? Think they around the 1980s.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Johnnies mean condoms, johnnylanders means from John's Park.

They painted CRMR on condoms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    johnnylanders means from John's Park.

It was simply Johnnies in my day. Still is AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

Heard the johnnylanders name a few times in latter years but never from anyone living in St Johns Park ( we always call it St and not just johns park ). It was always The Johnnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

lewisdhead wrote: »
    It was simply Johnnies in my day. Still is AFAIK.

I used to always hear it growing up in the 70s and 80s. But then again I'm from Lisduggan, so I think it was a term we used for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

In Dungarvan they were the Baldies, then in the early 80,s we had Mods, Skinheads and lots of
    lads into Ska following Madness, Specials etc. Lots of older lads still into the scene, not like
    the hoodie generation of today.. No style or appreciation of music like we had back in the day.

Advertisement