Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamweek 31 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any advice for a replacement for Bellerin please lads, and for the same price or a maximum £0.1m more? I already have Ivanovic, Hutton, Van Aanholt and Alderweireld.

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Paully D wrote: »
    Any advice for a replacement for Bellerin please lads, and for the same price or a maximum £0.1m more? I already have Ivanovic, Hutton, Van Aanholt and Alderweireld.

Thanks. :)

Naughton's your man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Naughton's your man

That's exactly who I was thinking but didn't want to influence responses by mentioning him. The last time I asked a question like this was when I had to choose between Silva and Sterling. Hopefully this one has a similar impact. :D

Aguero & Ospina OUT
    Benteke & Green IN

WildCard next week.

Let's roll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aguero & Ospina OUT
    Benteke & Green IN

WildCard next week.

Let's roll!

Was thinking of doing similar but with Guzan! Come on the Tekkers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sturridge to either Costa or Benteke. Am chasing a lead so Benteke (c) as a differential is tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    What are the Forster owners going for?

Between Davis,Fabianski and Myhill for me, leaning toward Fabianski as I have Dawson who will be back next GW. Other GK is the non playing Hamer.

Fabianski for me - Swans have Hull, Everton, Leicester, Newcastle and Stoke as next five fixtures, so plenty clean sheet potential there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

AdMMM wrote: »
    of the keepers who have played most games, only three keepers made less saves than Forster... Joe Hart, Tim Howard and they've all got less game time than him.

Hart, Howard and who is the 3rd keeper with less?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Sturridge trained today

People transferring Aguero out, before a game against Palace. And I thought yesterday was April fools day.

Barring injury /suspension, Kane Aguero Costanza are my front 3 for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Bellerin replacement. Is Hutton a good bet for their double?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    Bellerin replacement. Is Hutton a good bet for their double?

Away to Utd where they leak goals historically, Rooney has an awful habit of bagging braces v Villa at OT.
    Second game had possibilities of good returns but not convinced getting him in is wise.

Any other options?

dahat wrote: »
    Away to Utd where they leak goals historically, Rooney has an awful habit of bagging braces v Villa at OT.
    Second game had possibilities of good returns but not convinced getting him in is wise.

Any other options?

Naughton as others have suggested above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

If Costa is declared fit tomorrow, it's looking like I'll do Rose to Naughton. Gonna leave Bellerin another week, I just can't be doing with 3 Spurs players in my team anymore!! (DGW hangover).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right.

Here's my current team.
    Myhill (QPR)
    Terry (STK) Alder (eve) PvA (NEW)
    Hazard (STK) Eriksen (bur) Sanchez (LIV) Silva (cry)
    Giroud (LIV) Agüero (cry) Kane (bur)
    Foster (red flag) ; Walters (yellow flag), Dawson (red flag), Coloccini (red flag)

Do I really need to care about Villa & QPR DGW, considering both will blank GW33?

Ideally Dawson would have played (instead of PvA). Coloccini is there for GW33. Hopefully he'll be as useful as for GW27 ;). Walters will have to go but no urgent hurry this week. I feel my team is well enough set for this GW.

If I really want a DGW player I can see 3 possible options:
    1. Benteke & Austin are temtping but Kane and Giroud are on fire and Agüero is Agüero. If I decide to go for one of them it will more than probably cost me an extra 4 pts hit for GW33. One option could be to ditch Giroud since he has a tough game on paper this week and a blank in GW33 but his GW32 fixture is a hell of a lot better than these 2 guys (away to Burnley vs away to Spurs & Chelsea respectively).

2. In midfield I could ditch Eriksen but for who?

3. Or I could get a DGW def for PvA or a DGW GK for Foster? But with a blank in GW33 not sure it's very wise... I'm actually eying Mignolet next week to partner Myhill. Even if Liverpool do qualify for FA semis, WB away to CP for GW33 is not the worst fixture.

What do you guys think? Am I right in thinking of "ignoring" this DGW?

@iroced: I'm going without any DGWers. I don't think it's worth two transfers in your case for anyone unless you really believe in Austin or Bentekkers captain.
    menoscemo wrote: »
    If Costa is declared fit tomorrow, it's looking like I'll do Rose to Naughton. Gonna leave Bellerin another week, I just can't be doing with 3 Spurs players in my team anymore!! (DGW hangover).

Looks like he trained today:

https://twitter.com/DareToHazard/status/583723905099046912

https://twitter.com/gpmurari/status/583666248229064704

I'll be ignoring the DGW as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Me three.

Mata in for Ozil this week.
    Will probably do Costa in for Aguero next week. God love me.:)

I'm thinking Mata in for Sanchez. Did Sanchez play much for Chile over the break does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Decided to leave Foster he hasn't dropped yet and Myhill should start. Did Tekkers in for Studge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm thinking Mata in for Sanchez. Did Sanchez play much for Chile over the break does anyone know?

Chile played Brazil in a friendly at the Emirates on Sunday sanchez played 90 mins.

Chile played Brazil in a friendly at the Emirates on Sunday sanchez played 90 mins.

That's that then. I was hoping he'd get a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm 54pts down in my money league with 8 weeks to go so decided to go all out with Benteke (c) in an attempt to get back amongst it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm 54pts down in my money league with 8 weeks to go so decided to go all out with Benteke (c) in an attempt to get back amongst it.

In a similar situation and think I will do the same. Would be lovely if he could sneak something at Old Trafford.

45 mins against Iran and 90 mins against Brazil. No long travel

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have a sensible option and a gamble.

Guess which one I'm going for :D

A) Sensible option
    B) Gamble

The answer is probably C, both of them :pac::pac::pac:

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have a sensible option and a gamble.

Guess which one I'm going for :D

A) Sensible option
    B) Gamble

The answer is probably C, both of them :pac::pac::pac:

Sure where is the fun in A! I'm a sucker for a DGW I just have to decide which guy to go for! Had made up my mind on Tekkers but having gone through the numbers a bit this morning I have switched to thinking Austin might be the one to go for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Take a hit to get rid of Sanchez for Mata?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm playing it safe and giving Sanchez and Aguero one last week to see if Costa and Mata can keep up their scoring. Besides I already had to make two transfers to sort out the Forster and Dawson/Bellerin/Wasi situation.

• Advertisement

Take a hit to get rid of Sanchez for Mata?

Wouldn't be mad on that unless it was part of a plan for GW34 and you needed the funds to afford 3 Chelsea.

I'm playing it safe and giving Sanchez and Aguero one last week to see if Costa and Mata can keep up their scoring. Besides I already had to make two transfers to sort out the Forster and Dawson/Bellerin/Wasi situation.

So if Mata scores will you bring him in for Man City and then Chelsea? I would have thought its a case of bring him in this week for Villa or wait for a few weeks longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

jimmii wrote: »
    So if Mata scores will you bring him in for Man City and then Chelsea? I would have thought its a case of bring him in this week for Villa or wait for a few weeks longer.

Probably not but City haven't been great and United seem to have a little more spark so I wouldn't mind having him there. Chelsea...well. Old club, if he's in form and Sanchez still isn't, why not? Mata would give me an extra 3m to spend too, so even if Mata does nothing and Sanchez continues to score poorly, then it's extra cash, if nothing else. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

1) People keeping Silva and Sanchez?

2) Is it worth swapping Austin our for Benteke?

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/583955252799475712

"Jose says Diego Costa trained with the main group for the last couple of days but he is yet to make a decision on whether he plays. #CFC"

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/583955252799475712

"Jose says Diego Costa trained with the main group for the last couple of days but he is yet to make a decision on whether he plays. #CFC"
    he is playing why does Jose bother with this nonsense.

• Advertisement

Probably not but City haven't been great and United seem to have a little more spark so I wouldn't mind having him there. Chelsea...well. Old club, if he's in form and Sanchez still isn't, why not? Mata would give me an extra 3m to spend too, so even if Mata does nothing and Sanchez continues to score poorly, then it's extra cash, if nothing else. :cool:

As long as you use the cash well!

he is playing why does Jose bother with this nonsense.

He fooled me for the Swansea match when I didn't captain him, won't happen this GW (cue 1 point cameo :pac:)

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/583957608501010433

"Jose: 'Diego has dedicated himself to recovering, no days off and working hard. At this moment the muscle is fine.' #CFC"

Dietsquirt wrote: »

1) Only have Sanchez keeping him until I wc.

2) Definitely not. Austin is 19/10 & 11/8 to score and Tekkers is 16/5 and 5/4 (using Boyles odds purely because they seem to be the only ones who have priced ags for Villa v QPR).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm thinking of Sanchez out for Mane. I'm worried by it though, as I feel it could be one of those moves that backfires!

However, over the next 4 games or so, I feel it makes sense. Sanchez not in form, and could be rested. Mane seems in good form and seems to be Southampton's main goal threat. In terms of fixtures, Sanchez has LIV, bur, Blank, CHE, so not great fixtures. Southampton don't have any DGWs, but they do have the consistency of not having any blanks, and the games they have are decent.

The financial side of this move is one of the main reasons: this move will allow me to upgrade Austin to Costa next week.

Of course, this leaves me with no Arsenal attackers, which is a concern. But I'm not certain I'll be keeping Eriksen until the end of the season, so could bring in an Arsenal mid for him in a few weeks when the blank is out of the way. Alternatively, if Aguero keeps up his current form, Giroud could come in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Dietsquirt wrote: »

I would be keeping Silva. Hes is in good form.
    I think i will bin Sanchez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

This is most definitely Sanchez's last week for me. I'm worried about having no united cover vs villa, I was half thinking of swapping costa for Rooney for this gw, I've got hazard for cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Need some advice lads. Current team is...

Myhill Foster

PVA Bertrand Terry Wollschied Hutton

Sanchez Hazard Sterling Boyd Silva

Aguero Kane Austin

I have 2FT and 1.5m ITB. Any thoughts on what to do? Really am stuck :(

I'm thinking of Sanchez out for Mane. I'm worried by it though, as I feel it could be one of those moves that backfires!

However, over the next 4 games or so, I feel it makes sense. Sanchez not in form, and could be rested. Mane seems in good form and seems to be Southampton's main goal threat. In terms of fixtures, Sanchez has LIV, bur, Blank, CHE, so not great fixtures. Southampton don't have any DGWs, but they do have the consistency of not having any blanks, and the games they have are decent.

The financial side of this move is one of the main reasons: this move will allow me to upgrade Austin to Costa next week.

Of course, this leaves me with no Arsenal attackers, which is a concern. But I'm not certain I'll be keeping Eriksen until the end of the season, so could bring in an Arsenal mid for him in a few weeks when the blank is out of the way. Alternatively, if Aguero keeps up his current form, Giroud could come in for him.

I really like Mane from an FPL point of view he's one of those players you have to snap up now as they could be priced out of reach in the future! No Arsenal isn't the worst position to in given the blank. Giroud looks to be the pick of the Arsenal players if you can make the room! Kane, Giroud, Costa is what I plan on doing from 34 onwards.

Myhill Foster

Aguero Kane Austin

Team looks pretty solid there to be fair, but seeing as you have 2 ft, i'd be tempted to do Boyd to Phillips to have an extra DGW player

Team looks pretty solid there to be fair, but seeing as you have 2 ft, i'd be tempted to do Boyd to Phillips to have an extra DGW player

I thought about something similar, but I have a similar front 8 to harpstilidie. The reason I didn't do it, as I don't think I'd drop any of the other front 8 in place of him.

I thought about something similar, but I have a similar front 8 to harpstilidie. The reason I didn't do it, as I don't think I'd drop any of the other front 8 in place of him.

Yeah that would be the conundrum alright!
    I suppose the other tidy-up transfer would be Foster to someone of a similar price that rotates well with Myhill. Maybe Kelvin Davies?

Yeah that would be the conundrum alright!
    I suppose the other tidy-up transfer would be Foster to someone of a similar price that rotates well with Myhill. Maybe Kelvin Davies?

Yep, that, or PVA out for someone maybe.

Myhill Foster

Aguero Kane Austin

Sterling to mata

Sanchez for Mata, Fellaini or Mane - I'm just not sure which to go with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Sturridge to Costa or Benteke, very undecided on this one

• Advertisement
Advertisement