Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart DVD player with RCA output

• 21-03-2015 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a smart dvd player or media player that can play usb files and has rca or scart outputs?

I can only find ones with HDMI outputs. The player would be for my father who has an old tv with only scart inputs. He likes the old TV's and doesn't want a flatscreen, we even bought him a new tv and he sold it but he would like something with netflix on it.

Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭andy1249

As far as I know smart platforms don't exist on DVD players.

They only exist on Blu ray players , and blu ray players don't do scart.
    Scart is dying very fast , the connector is too big to fit on most modern flat panels and is SD only. Its now considered a "legacy connector" and will not be around for much longer.

Most affordable blu ray players dont have analog outputs , this is something being phased out and phased out very fast as this is a rule mandated by the Blu Ray disc association to prevent copying.

The best you are going to find is a yellow composite out RCA port , and these are meant for troubleshooting only and all features do not work over this connection.

Summing up , if your Dad wants new technology content such as netflix , he'll have to get a new technology TV to play it on. There is no way around that !

Advertisement