Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iStick 50w issue

• 21-03-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

Took my istick off of a full charge today. Went to vape as per usual and about 75% of the drags I take it's either saying "power low" or "protection" and not working.

Has anyone any experience of this on any of the eleaf/joyetech range? Also, does anyone know the screwdriver I need to open an istick?

Thanks for any help.

P.S I'm heartbroken :(:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Why bother opening it up, can you not bring/send it back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I bought it on 11.02 from e-smokeireland.eu. I can't see anything on their site about warranty. You think they'll look after me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

The firing pin connector thingy on the 20W version needs to be pulled on mine from time to time. Small flat head screw driver down the side and gently pry it up a couple of mm's usually fixes it.

Sorry, just to clarify. I can see their section on warranty but it doesn't give a time frame so I assumed that it was some 28 days kind of nonsense you see on other sites. I hear they're good to deal with though so I'm going to abandon the opening it up myself and email them. I've had a chance to properly read the warranty section now that I'm back in the house and they say I can send it back and rebuy the item which they'll refund if (when) it's found to be faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Esi are great to deal with. No harm in firing off an email .

• Advertisement

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    The firing pin connector thingy on the 20W version needs to be pulled on mine from time to time. Small flat head screw driver down the side and gently pry it up a couple of mm's usually fixes it.

I'll give that a shot, thanks. And does it give either the protection or power low messages when it needs that doing?

Yeah Jenny, no harm in trying I suppose. Glad I didn't have the screwdriver I needed it I would have boch jobber it immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...it doesn't give a time frame so I assumed that it was some 28 days kind of nonsense you see on other sites.

If goods are faulty your statutory rights supercede any and all made up warranty periods (basically a shot in the dark on any company's part which tends to pay off quite well).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

grindle wrote: »
    If goods are faulty your statutory rights supercede any and all made up warranty periods (basically a shot in the dark on any company's part which tends to pay off quite well).

Anytime I buy something in Vapourpal I get the three month warranty spiel, I never say anything in the hope of testing them out but nothing has broken in 18 months.
    I do wonder how far you'd have to push them to what we are actually entitled to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I'll give that a shot, thanks. And does it give either the protection or power low messages when it needs that doing?

Yeah Jenny, no harm in trying I suppose. Glad I didn't have the screwdriver I needed it I would have boch jobber it immediately.

It gives both messages on mine. But you've only had it a little over a month try returning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Paypal has always got my money back on faulty goods,for me,it's all down to the companies attitude,most vendors will replace the item,some vendors are complete assholes,these are the ones that I attack with Paypal,but always be polite in your emails,Paypal checks all emails when they are investigating.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks for the tips guys. I will email them and update you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Different issue here. The display on mine conked out, after just 3 weeks. It never fell or got a knock of any kind, it's been minded like a baby. The screen was only half displaying one morning, with black lines through it. I put it on charge again to see if that would do anything, and it completely blacked out and never came back. It fires as normal, but you can't tell what setting it's at, or when it needs charging. It's gone back to the shop today. I reckon Eleaf are just churning them out too quick to meet the demand.

Yeah, I think you're right Cagey. I had a look at problems others were having and mine has come up a few times.

Just spoke to Paul from ESI on the phone. Strangely, the istick worked consistently with no problems with a subtank for him for 2 hours! Was a bit worried for a min because on my end, with no exaggeration, it was refusing to fire 75% or more of the time on 3 different tanks. By a lucky coincidence it failed for him about half a minute in to the phone call so he's sending me out a new one today. Considering the fact that from where he's sitting it's a device that has refused to fire once in 2 hours (not even sure if that could be considered faulty when you think of how crap some of the products on the market are) I'd say that's a great service. Great lads to deal with!

Advertisement