Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attaching sleeping bag to rucksack issue???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

The picture shows fabric and plastic hoops attached to the bag. If you use bungie cords, I suppose that you could attach a sleeping bag to the outside of the bag. If Argos doesn't allow you to inspect it before buying, you could check its returns policy, and if it allows for returns, you could return it if it is not suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Unless you're hiking in guaranteed dry weather you should plan on putting the sleeping bag inside the rucksack, its the last thing you want to risk getting wet. Get a compression bag for the sleeping bag if you think its too bulky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

In the rucksack linked to OP there is a zip that runs around the bottom 1/4. Inside the main compartment there is a divider that can be opened/closed off with a drawstring flap. With the drawstring on the flap pulled in the bottom section becomes a separate part of the bag allowing a sleeping bag to be stored.

Lightest items at the bottom hence "The 50 litre rucksack features 1 internal pocket" which would normally be used for storing a sleeping bag.

Note that some rucksacks have a permanent division for a sleeping bag in the bottom others have a drawstring arrangement so you can use all the space as one or divide it off and I can't say for sure which this bag has.

Rule should be if you can't get it in the rucksack then don't take it. Strapping stuff on the outside of a rucksack is a slippery slope although I'd make an exception for some tent poles and maybe a sleeping mat.

tbh 50l would be a bit on the small side for me I'd tend to recommend 65l or even larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

In Ireland, keep your sleeping bag INSIDE your pack, in a waterproof stuff sack, or at least a plastic shopping bag.

As said above, with that pack from Argos I'd be putting my sleeping bag (inside its own waterproof stuff sack) in that bottom compartment.

Mark

Advertisement