Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glendalough Car Park Times (Upper Lake)?

Options
  • 21-03-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

On the off-chance anyone sees this this evening, do you know what time the Upper Lake car park at Glendalough would be open from on a Sunday? I know you have to pay, but we'll have kids and I'd rather spend the time walking around the Upper Lake for a change rather than add the time to walk up from visitor centre. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

I've been there at 8am before and its been open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Thanks! For anyone wondering in future the sign stuff 08:00-18:00 sharp! Thank god we got there early this morning, queue for it when we were leaving was at least 50 long with no spaces in it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Is there any free parking there? Are there 2 car parks?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

No free parking now either at the Upper Lake or at the Visitor's Centre. There's a free car park in Laragh though. Turn left at Lynham's Pub as you enter Laragh and then take a right to the Woollen Mills and the car park is on your left. It's about a 2km walk from there to the monastic village.

Advertisement