Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pulled Hamstring

• 21-03-2015 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Pulled my hamstring last night. Felt the pop while sprinting after a fella at gaelic training. Very sore today and finding it hard to walk etc. So I am thinking it is at least a grade 2. I have experience of this before and know i was usually able to get back playing gaelic after 6 - 8 weeks. But that was before I was cycling and never tried to cycle during the rehab.

Has anyone any experience of this and when they were able to get back on the bike again? I know everyones situation is different but is there a rough guideline of when they were roughly able to get back on the bike. A grade 1 i would be able to get back cycling in a few days but this was a proper pull!

I am going to Tenerife in 2 weeks and would love to be able to try and cycle mt teide. The main worry though, is that it is going to be a 8 - 12 week job! I am doing La Marmotte in July. That would basically rule me out for that event! I wouldnt have enough miles at that stage and couldn't go to France underprepared for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

I've pulled/tore my hamstring a few times and i find the bike is no bother at all with it. Seems to use different muscles. There's a bit of strain when putting weight on the pedals e.g. taking off at lights or steep hills, but its mostly no discomfort at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Sorry, but on Boards we can't give you any guidance other than to seek the direction of a medical professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement