If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BenQ w1070?

Options
  • 21-03-2015 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey guys,

Was looking to pick up my first home entertainment projector there and after some research think I've decided on the w1070, seems to be the best in my price range.
    Saw it for a decent price on your site, been putting off buying it for a while but decided I'd check with you guys first to see if you had any recommendations/deals/clearances on projectors? Saw a post where you said the euro's rising soon so hopefully I'll go for it before then :p
    Right now I'm just projecting onto a blank wall but seems like using a screen is the popular option, do you think it's worth the extra few hundred quid? 

If you can think of anything else I should consider that'd be brilliant cheers!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi dorianrf.

The W1070 is a great project and our most popular in its group.

We have one running here in our demo room and picture is fantastic.
    In saying that we are using a screen which will make a different on the quality of the image.

We sell an optoma screen for 139.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11803-optoma-ds9092pmg.aspx

BenQ W1070 is currently priced at 699.99 Euro (inc delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12120-w1070.aspx

Currently in stock and ready to go :)

Let me know what you think or any questions just let me know.
    dorianrf wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Was looking to pick up my first home entertainment projector there and after some research think I've decided on the w1070, seems to be the best in my price range.
    Saw it for a decent price on your site, been putting off buying it for a while but decided I'd check with you guys first to see if you had any recommendations/deals/clearances on projectors? Saw a post where you said the euro's rising soon so hopefully I'll go for it before then :p
    Right now I'm just projecting onto a blank wall but seems like using a screen is the popular option, do you think it's worth the extra few hundred quid? 

If you can think of anything else I should consider that'd be brilliant cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dorianrf

Yo, 

Sounds good, any chance you have a demo room round Dublin? Using a NEC VT670 right now which does the trick but its more of a data projector than anything, wouldn't mind seeing the difference in person.

Think that screen might be too small for what I can manage, from what I can tell the smallest screen possible with the w1070's throw in my living room would be 112" (can't really complain I guess!), anything you recommend for that size?

Also just in case I can't make the screen the size I need I was wondering, what's your return policy for projectors? Would I be able to return it if it's only used to test the size of the screen?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey Dorianrf.

Unfortunately we do not have a demok room in the south, only the one here at our Belfast store. Sorry :(

We run the 1070 on the screen I has mentioned in our Demo room with no probelms at all.

The other a good few other screens that we stock:
    http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/accessories/projector-screen-accessories
    Depends on the size of screen you are after and the space you have available?

If you wanted to make the trip to our store we with your projector we could run it side by side with the 1070 and you could see the difference first hand. (We'll suply the coffee :D)

I would say there will be a massive difference between the 1070 and a data projector.
    Yo, 

Sounds good, any chance you have a demo room round Dublin? Using a NEC VT670 right now which does the trick but its more of a data projector than anything, wouldn't mind seeing the difference in person.

Think that screen might be too small for what I can manage, from what I can tell the smallest screen possible with the w1070's throw in my living room would be 112" (can't really complain I guess!), anything you recommend for that size?

Also just in case I can't make the screen the size I need I was wondering, what's your return policy for projectors? Would I be able to return it if it's only used to test the size of the screen?

Thanks in advance :)

Haa think it might be a bit of a trek just for that (even if the coffee is tempting), cheers though! Will probably go ahead and buy it during the week, just gonna look around see if i find any other decent looking ones first. I work in sales so I probably know the answer but anything you can do for me on the price?

Just to clarify, what is the return policy for projectors? would I be able to send it back if the screen size is too big for what I can manage? Doubt it'll be the case but I don't wanna be stuck with a projector I can't use properly.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Haa think it might be a bit of a trek just for that (even if the coffee is tempting), cheers though! Will probably go ahead and buy it during the week, just gonna look around see if i find any other decent looking ones first. I work in sales so I probably know the answer but anything you can do for me on the price?

Just to clarify, what is the return policy for projectors? would I be able to send it back if the screen size is too big for what I can manage? Doubt it'll be the case but I don't wanna be stuck with a projector I can't use properly.
    Dorianrf,

Many thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you :o..

On the returns policy - we don't do a refund on pj's if they have been opened and used but if you tell us what the distance between the screen and the projector position is we can give you the exact range of screen dimensions that you will get so there really wont be any uncertainty - on the price - its as low as we can squeeze it at the moment..

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you and of course drop me a post or  mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Ah it'd be about 3.7m away but I've already done the math with the calculator thing on projectorcentral, I'm pretty much positive it'll be grand. If it is too big I can always move it a bit closer, was wondering about the returns just in case.

I'll scrape together the money and order it soon so, how long would it take to send to Dublin?

Cheers for the help! 

Ah it'd be about 3.7m away but I've already done the math with the calculator thing on projectorcentral, I'm pretty much positive it'll be grand. If it is too big I can always move it a bit closer, was wondering about the returns just in case.

I'll scrape together the money and order it soon so, how long would it take to send to Dublin?

Cheers for the help! 
    Dorianrf,

thanks for the info and with a 3.7 meter throw you will be able to get a screen size ( diagonal) of between 2.83 metres and 3.69 metres, if you want to get that into screen width and height - the minimum width is 2.47*1.39 high and the max is 3.22 wide * 1.81 high ( again given a 3.7 mtr throw distance.

On the delivery time - its normally a stock item so Dublin delivery is next working day if ordered before 12:00..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hey guys,

Was thinking, might take you up on that offer to go see the projector in person, got some family over so might head up to Belfast anyway, make a trip out of it. Was thinking I might head up on Saturday, would it be cool if I drop by to check it out? More than anything its to see the difference it makes with and without a screen, might bring mine up to see them side by side

Hey guys,

Was thinking, might take you up on that offer to go see the projector in person, got some family over so might head up to Belfast anyway, make a trip out of it. Was thinking I might head up on Saturday, would it be cool if I drop by to check it out? More than anything its to see the difference it makes with and without a screen, might bring mine up to see them side by side
    Hi Dorianrf.

Sometimes Saturday can be hard to fit in Demos as it is our busiest day.
    We already have the 1070 setup in our Demo room and should be able to connect you own one up in just a few minutes. Allowing a side by side demo.

However I could not Demo without a screen as we have a 60" television on the wall underneath the pull down screen and it would involve removing the 60" off the wall to do so.

I have a few of these projectors currently in stock. If you want to hold one over in-case they get sold over the next few days as they are very popular.
    If so drop me a PM with Full name and address and I'll reserve one over for you.

Any questions please let me know.

Hey! Cheers for replying quickly

In that case don't worry about it, I know the quality's gonna be better than what I got anyway. Any idea if there's any showroom round Dublin that would have projectors with screens I could look at? Don't know any myself.

Also if I do order the projector tomorrow (Friday) morning, would it still arrive on Saturday? If you don't deliver on weekends I could pick it up from your warehouse if thats possible.

• Advertisement

In that case don't worry about it, I know the quality's gonna be better than what I got anyway. Any idea if there's any showroom round Dublin that would have projectors with screens I could look at? Don't know any myself.

Also if I do order the projector tomorrow (Friday) morning, would it still arrive on Saturday? If you don't deliver on weekends I could pick it up from your warehouse if thats possible.
    Hi Dorianrf.

I cant think of any show rooms around Dublin unfortunately.

Unfortunately our courier DPD are now off until Next Tuesday over the Easter Holidays.
    Normally our Saturday delivery cost £29.95 as it is a special service and not part of normal delivery hours.

Whereabouts are you based? 

If ordered today it would be most likely next Wednesday for delivery to yourself.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

I'm interested in the Benq1070 too, do you give the 5yr guarantee to Euro customers?

I'm interested in the Benq1070 too, do you give the 5yr guarantee to Euro customers?

Of course!

Keep us posted

Atvb

Johnmc

Hi Dorianrf.

Unfortunately our courier DPD are now off until Next Tuesday over the Easter Holidays.
    Normally our Saturday delivery cost £29.95 as it is a special service and not part of normal delivery hours.

If ordered today it would be most likely next Wednesday for delivery to yourself.

I'm based round Glenageary, if I can't pick it up from anywhere I could get it delivered to work in Dundrum cause we get DPD deliveries almost every day anyway.

Kinda wish I'd ordered it a few days ago now, don't know how I'm gonna manage till Wednesday! I'll get it ordered over the weekend, just to be sure the 5 yr guarantee is on it automatically if I order online right?

Thanks again for all your help :)

Hi Dorianrf.

I'm based round Glenageary, if I can't pick it up from anywhere I could get it delivered to work in Dundrum cause we get DPD deliveries almost every day anyway.

Kinda wish I'd ordered it a few days ago now, don't know how I'm gonna manage till Wednesday! I'll get it ordered over the weekend, just to be sure the 5 yr guarantee is on it automatically if I order online right?

Thanks again for all your help :)
    Hi Dorianrf.

The 5 year is included with this once you type in your email address on the payment section of the website or you can drop us a contact number and we can give you a call and do it via the phone.

Only thing 5 year does not cover is the bulb.

Getting it delivered to your work address will be no problem.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I ordered it from your website last night, getting it delivered through Parcel Motel in the end.
    Was wondering, when I ordered it there wasn't any option for next day delivery, only 3-5 working days. Is this correct? Just asking cause one of you said it was a stock item in Dublin so would be delivered the next day, it's not a problem if I have to wait a few days, just want to know when to expect it really.

Cheers again!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I ordered it from your website last night, getting it delivered through Parcel Motel in the end.
    Was wondering, when I ordered it there wasn't any option for next day delivery, only 3-5 working days. Is this correct? Just asking cause one of you said it was a stock item in Dublin so would be delivered the next day, it's not a problem if I have to wait a few days, just want to know when to expect it really.

Cheers again!
    Thanks and we saw your order and sent you a mail earlier this morning looking for a few more details - if you could revert we can give you an ETA..

Thanks and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

I am ordering from your website at the moment, there is no mention of PayPal, do you accept it? Also no mention of the 5yr guarantee at the checkout stage?

I am ordering from your website at the moment, there is no mention of PayPal, do you accept it? Also no mention of the 5yr guarantee at the checkout stage?
    Hi Knockieranlady.

Unfortunately we do not accept PayPal.

The 5 year gets added at our end once a valid email address is supplied as this signs you up to the VIP club to entitle you to the Free 5 year guarantee. 
    5 year guarantee is for VIP members only *Sign up via email*

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE 5 YEAR GUARANTEENOW ON ALL TVs FOR OUR VIP MEMBERS[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]checkout-info.pngFREE 5 YEAR GUARANTEE - What's included...

Full parts and labour cover
    If your unit goes wrong we'll fix it. No quibbles and no fuss. (Excludes projector bulbs)

Like for like machine replacement if unit is unrepairable
    If, for any reason, we are unable to repair your unit, we'll replace it. Naturally, models do change so, while we can't guarantee that it will be the same model, we do guarantee that it will have equivalent specifications.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our VIP club is completely FREE for ALL customers and comprises a fantastic set of privileges.Sign up instantly in-store or online[/font]

We currently have these in stock and ready to ship.

Any questions please let me know.

Ordered online from your website last night, thanks for your replies, can't wait for my delivery, thanksðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Ordered online from your website last night, thanks for your replies, can't wait for my delivery, thanksðŸ‘
    Knockieranlady,

thanks for the order and getting back to my mail so swiftly :) 

Hope you enjoy it and of course drop me a mail directly anytime we can assist,

Thanks again for the Biz - its very much appreciated,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

My Benq W1070 arrived yesterday, thanks to all at Richersounds for great customer service. Watched first full HD movie on it last night, quality is amazing, great buy

My Benq W1070 arrived yesterday, thanks to all at Richersounds for great customer service. Watched first full HD movie on it last night, quality is amazing, great buy
    Hi Knockieranlady.

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Glad that you are up and running and enjoying the projector.

If you require any advise or need anything in future please drop us a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.