Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you think Michael Jackson was a paedophile?

• 22-03-2015 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Yes, no, maybe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flood

I don't know maybe, can you repeat the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I believe it's 2.42 in the morning and you may need to find something else to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

You know he was bad, was bad, was bad, bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

I believe it's 2.42 in the morning and you may need to find something else to worry about.

2:42 is the perfect time to worry about these things.

• Advertisement

2:42 is the perfect time to worry about these things.

I assume this thread is about General Sir Mike Jackson, ex-C-in_C of the British Army and now Sky News pundit. I know of no other Michael Jackson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I like jimmy carrs take, im not saying he was a billionaire paedophile but if i was a billionaire paedophile i would build disneyland in my garden too.

I like jimmy carrs take, im not saying he was a billionaire paedophile but if i was a billionaire paedophile i would build disneyland in my garden too.

The inland revenue is very interested in Jimmy Carr's take too. Get onto them if you have any identity which account its hiding in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

I think he was a man-child. Possibly asexual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Well yes, but the worst part was he never called back! No, but in all seriousness, yeah, he was actually pretty aggressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

it has greek subs but worth the 3 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

While there was proof, the man is dead so we will never know..

Anyone got pics of fluffy cats..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flood

dubscottie wrote: »
    While there was proof, the man is dead so we will never know..

he may be alive in another life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Probably a child,a paedophile would be clever enough not to have a kids sleepover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I was on the fence about it until I heard Terry George talking about Michael Jackson's inappropriate phone calls to him way back in the 70s. He was really uncomfortable about it and didn't seem to like to talk about it. His parents apparently found out and banned him from calling again (he was only 13 at the time).

http://popdirt.com/terry-george-forgives-michael-jackson-for-masturbation-call/74537/

Edit: I think it was on the Louis Theroux documentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

He wasn't right in the head put it that way.
    Any other "adult" acting like that would've been Locked up or sent to mental hospital.
    And yet he was celebrated for it and world mourned when he died?
    He was a sick man! Very sick man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Nooo, that's ignorant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Also, I can't think of a more apt time to use the popcorn gif....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

If he was a pedo, there are parents out there who accepted money rather than to drag him through the courts.I don't know the circumstances, but I'm ashamed on their behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I dunno......but he sure was one hell of a strange guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

He was a weird man child who used his fame and wealth to get access to young boys and then tried to pay them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Yes, I absolutely do.

No doubt he believed he was a child too, he wasn't doing anything wrong, they were just playing together...

But I do believe he was an adult who had inappropriate sexual contact with children.

I also think he was a very sad character, no chance at happiness, the stories of his childhood (if you could call it that) are heartbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Americas Jimmy Savile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I assume this thread is about General Sir Mike Jackson, ex-C-in_C of the British Army and now Sky News pundit. I know of no other Michael Jackson.

Or the Most Reverend Michael Jackson, Archbishop of Dublin & Bishop of Glendalough, Primate of Ireland & Metropolitan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Satriale wrote: »
    You know he was bad, was bad, was bad, bad.

Whose bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I was absolutely shocked at the revelation about Jimmy Savile

I never knew there was only 1 L in his surname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Flood wrote: »
    he may be alive in another life.

And God might have built the world in six days too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Nope I don't believe it. Basically he was blackmailed by a few scummy parents whose children were told what to say so they could get as much money from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

I dont think so tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Of course he was!!!

I can't believe the amount of people who believe his put-on public persona of a vulnerable man-child. This is a man who amassed a fortune, bought up the rights to the Beatles back catalogue and other business ventures. He was no more a man child than me.

It was all an act to prey on youngsters. The truth will come out and it won't be good for his legacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Nope I don't believe it. Basically he was blackmailed by a few scummy parents whose children were told what to say so they could get as much money from him.

How do you explain Terry George then? His parents didn't ask for any money, they just put an immediate stop to their contact. He didn't molest him, but his 'heavy breathing' phone calls surely indicate more than a passing interest in young boys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm convinced he was.

If he was innocent why did he give that first kid $20 million to keep his mouth shut for the rest of his life.

And apart from that he was a weirdo anyway, better for his own kids that he died, keeping them locked up from the world and going around with their heads covered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

And apart from that he was a weirdo anyway, better for his own kids that he died, keeping them locked up from the world and going around with their heads covered.

Didn't he only keep their heads covered when they were out in public with him so that they wouldn't be recognised when they were with minders doing normal things without their masks. They were able to live a somewhat normal life with minders etc because of it. Of all the things he did I thought that was the least weird thing he did tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tasden wrote: »
    Didn't he only keep their heads covered when they were out in public with him so that they wouldn't be recognised when they were with minders doing normal things without their masks. They were able to live a somewhat normal life with minders etc because of it. Of all the things he did I thought that was the least weird thing he did tbh.

He barely let them out at all, having little or no contact with the outside world is not a good way to grow up.

I don't know if he was a paedophile, and I don't think anyone else on here does either. We know it looks like he was, and that he had bizarre and probably inappropriate relationships with pubescent kids that he didn't want publicised, but without a trial and evidence to evaluate, I don't think he should be tried and found guilty posthumously.

I wouldn't let him babysit if I had kids, and I think he seemed to have a lot of personal issues, but the only thing I know is that he was a very odd man who behaved oddly around kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

I have no reason to believe he was a molestor.

"It emerged that the boy, and his younger brother and older sister, had taken acting lessons ahead of a 2001 lawsuit against US retailer JC Penney. "

"In separate interviews with a social worker and a teacher after the airing of the Bashir documentary, Gavin denied he had been molested by Mr Jackson. "

"It was also suggested that she spent $7,000 (£3,800) shopping and dining out at the same time as she alleged Mr Jackson kept her and her family captive. "

"The credibility of 15-year-old cancer survivor Gavin Arvizo and his mother Janet was key to the case against Michael Jackson, who has been acquitted of child abuse and abduction charges by a California court."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4584531.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He acted inappropriately around children yes, but I don't believe he was a child molester.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I don't think so and I actually don't care, I still love his songs regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Always got the feeling he was just a very damaged, regressed /childlike person that identified with children to a weird extent rather than a calculating, adult predator

Of course, like everybody else here, I'm not a professional nor do I know him so it's really only bit of specious, pop analysis based on a lifetime of media information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Dolbert wrote: »
    How do you explain Terry George then? His parents didn't ask for any money, they just put an immediate stop to their contact. He didn't molest him, but his 'heavy breathing' phone calls surely indicate more than a passing interest in young boys...

We only have his word for it, and since the guy has such a seedy background I don't believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I think I don't want to believe it so like other people on here I've convinced myself he was some kind of Peter Pan boy-that-never-grew-up kinda weirdo, rather than a peadophile. If I was looking at exactly the same situation with a completely unknown billionaire doing the same thing I'd be all "lock him up and throw away the key"

We're never going to know the truth so Ive not thought about it much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I think he was a good guy, but people liked to make up rumours because he had a creepy voice and strange physical appearance and mannerisms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I think he was a good guy, but people liked to make up rumours because he had a creepy voice and strange physical appearance and mannerisms.

Ah like Jimmy Savile and Gary Glitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

He was a deeply tortured soul but I don't actually think he was a nonce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

anncoates wrote: »
    Always got the feeling he was just a very damaged, regressed /childlike person that identified with children to a weird extent rather than a calculating, adult predator

Of course, like everybody else here, I'm not a professional nor do I know him so it's really only bit of specious, pop analysis based on a lifetime of media information.

He does seem to have a developmental delay from his really unusual childhood. As an adult he had appetites of both children and adults. It's perfectly possible that he engaged in childish sexual experimentation with children. It wouldn't have to be premeditated in order to be harmful to the children and rightly classed as sexual abuse .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Weird yeah... but I honestly don't think he was a child fiddler. Imo, he was targeted for his money and parents coerced their kids to do just that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

anncoates wrote: »

My thinking is pretty aligned with this. Jackson never got to live a normal childhood. He was centre stage in the faux world of a pop star from a very young age and couldn't possibly have emerged on the other side as a balanced and rounded young adult.

He never knew anything other than a life in the spotlight. I can only imagine what that would do to a persons mental state. That's not to excuse any wrongdoing if that were the case but you could certainly see why he might have gone down that route, living as he did in a bubble.

All that being said Billie Jean is possibly the greatest pop record ever produced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement