Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Classico 22/03/2015

• 22-03-2015 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

barcelona-fc-logo.png?w=150&h=150real-madrid-logo.png?w=150&h=150

Nou Camp, Barcelona 8.00pm

The Champion's of Europe with the genius that is Ronaldo against Barcelona and Messi.

It is still a few hours away but already my excitement rises as I long to see the silken skills of the Master of the Bernabeau as he brings Los Blancos and his wonderful goalscoring to the Nou Camp for the opportunity to rise to the top of the Primera Liga once again. Guided by the the master tactician, the three time Champion's league winning coach that is Carlo Ancelotti as he battles his way towards adding another honour, the Primera liga, to his museum of trophies for football artistry.
    There is something fitting about Ronaldo and the World Cup winners Kroos, Khedira, Casillas and Ramos playing in the special crest that was embellished by King Alfonso xiii.

It should be a great game and hopefully it will not be marred by players crowding the referee and complaining about every little decision. I fancy the aristocrats of Espana, the Royal team of Madrid simply known as Real to win this one.

Over to you Andersonisgod!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Don't let me down man... "Loose yourself"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Ronaldo is not a genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

4/1 available on a Real Madrid win for anyone who fancies them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

4-1 methinks, Messi hat-trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Bookies have Barca as hot favorites.
    Not often you see Madrid at 11/4

• Advertisement

• Paully D wrote: »
    4/1 available on a Real Madrid win for anyone who fancies them.

Great price, what bookies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I fancy Barca to win this with another no show by Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Ronaldo is not a genius.

No he is a magician ;) To not say Ronaldo is not a genius is either you are anti Madrid or Anti Utd. I don't think he's a great team player like Messi sadly and that's why I put Messi above him and he doesn't throw a strop and gets on with it, But Ronaldo is the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ronaldo is not a genius.

This thread is clearly going to be a delight.

I fancy Barca to win this with another no show by Ronaldo.

Hasn't Ronaldo scored in nearly every game he's played agaisn't Barca over the last few years, so whats all this talk of No show Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Looper007 wrote: »
    Hasn't Ronaldo scored in nearly every game he's played agaisn't Barca over the last few years, so whats all this talk of No show Ronaldo.

Yea he does perform against Barca there's no doubt there. Think Barca win this on current form. Madrid are lucky Ramos is back I'd fear for them without him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

eagle eye wrote: »
    barcelona-fc-logo.png?w=150&h=150real-madrid-logo.png?w=150&h=150

Nou Camp, Barcelona 8.00pm

The Champion's of Europe with the genius that is Ronaldo against Barcelona and Messi.

It is still a few hours away but already my excitement rises as I long to see the silken skills of the Master of the Bernabeau as he brings Los Blancos and his wonderful goalscoring to the Nou Camp for the opportunity to rise to the top of the Primera Liga once again. Guided by the the master tactician, the three time Champion's league winning coach that is Carlo Ancelotti as he battles his way towards adding another honour, the Primera liga, to his museum of trophies for football artistry.
    There is something fitting about Ronaldo and the World Cup winners Kroos, Khedira, Casillas and Ramos playing in the special crest that was embellished by King Alfonso xiii.

It should be a great game and hopefully it will not be marred by players crowding the referee and complaining about every little decision. I fancy the aristocrats of Espana, the Royal team of Madrid simply known as Real to win this one.

Over to you Andersonisgod!

I disagree with most of it but it was nicely written so kudos.

All I will say is this, it's not so long ago that Cristiano Ronaldo stood atop the world, roaring "Si" into a microphone, a clearly irritated Thierry Henry standing beside him and Messi a mere runner-up. Ronaldo wanted more, such greed, such maniacal ego, he vowed to equal Messi. On that day the season changed. It brings us to today, we arrive at the Camp Nou, the most perfect football equivalent of the coliseum of the gladiators, and it is Messi the ferocious beast that is to be unleashed upon the all-too-aware Real Madrid squad and Cristiano Ronaldo in particular. For his "si!", for his arrogance in thinking he could catch Messi, today his chickens come home to roost, today he will be judged against Messi, today is judgement day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I disagree with most of it but it was nicely written so kudos.

All I will say is this, it's not so long ago that Cristiano Ronaldo stood atop the world, roaring "Si" into a microphone, a clearly irritated Thierry Henry standing beside him and Messi a mere runner-up. Ronaldo wanted more, such greed, such maniacal ego, he vowed to equal Messi. On that day the season changed. It brings us to today, we arrive at the Camp Nou, the most perfect football equivalent of the coliseum of the gladiators, and it is Messi the ferocious beast that is to be unleashed upon the all-too-aware Real Madrid squad and Cristiano Ronaldo in particular. For his "si!", for his arrogance in thinking he could catch Messi, today his chickens come home to roost, today he will be judged against Messi, today is judgement day.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

I expect the usual crap on here.
    Some give out about pepe and Ramos, then the other side give out about Busquets and Alves.
    It will be a horrible night, but maybe a bit of class from the world class players on show.
    The messi Ronaldo debate will be silly as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Barca to win! Messi and Suarez are in frightening form and Neymar hasnt played too bad either! But more importantly I see Rakatic and Masch + Xavi/Iniesta being far too much for Kroos and co who have struggled to control the game against much much weaker opposition. Saying that this is the classico and form goes out the window for 90 minutes.

Still I see Barca having too much, gunna say 3-1 Barca, mjaybe even 4-1 :D

BARCA BARCA BARRRCAA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fudge You wrote: »
    I expect the usual crap on here.
    Some give out about pepe and Ramos, then the other side give out about Busquets and Alves.
    It will be a horrible night, but maybe a bit of class from the world class players on show.
    The messi Ronaldo debate will be silly as usual.
    And this is just the type of post that sets it all off. Why bother predicting this, what is the point of your post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Personally I am finding it very hard to make a prediction on this one. Its el classico so that in itself makes it a different game. On form Barca have been very impressive and Real Madrid went through a poor spell but I think they are over that now. I just hope its a good game. I'm not a fan of either team really, liked Barca basically because of Xavi.

Bale hit form the last day and he could be the difference in this game I think if he continues in the same vein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The last Classico real Madrid didn't just beat Barcelona. They went toe to toe against them and out Barcelonaed them. They dominated possession for periods of the game. Passes were greeted with "ole's". Barca just couldn't get near them. 3-1 was the final score but it should have been much more. Yet, all that said Barca could have been out of sight by half-time - or
    mullered the game was that open.

Things are different this time. The form team most certainly isn't Madrid but it cannot be stressed enough that Madrid only lost form when their squad became injury struck. That squad is almost back together. There's untold pressure on them for a performance. Madrid are a class team. Class is permanent I expect them to win.

I kind of hope they do. Barca have been in scintillating form of late. Knocking them down a peg or two would make things interesting. Also for the sake of Ancellotti keeping his job this is a much needed moral defeat or victory for him. Classicos have been way more entertaining and enjoyable since Carlo took over Madrid.

Here's hoping for another cracker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

eagle eye wrote: »
    And this is just the type of post that sets it all off. Why bother predicting this, what is the point of your post?

No, my post wont set it off. It'll be some post about, how much of a scumbag player X is.

Well whats the point of the thread??? it will just turn into a mess, full of clowns either side trying to annoy eachother.

The forum is called Soccer.
    But rarely is soccer discussed.
    Read the Liverpool & utd thread right now. Just about getting one over the other, rarely about soccer.

EDIT... Reading your op, is exactly what I am talking about. A Joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

A hammering by Barca tonight, knocked out of the CL by Athletico, and a fall out between Ronaldo and Bale could make a great summer for Utd. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'm not confident on what Barcelona show up this season - the Getafe away one or the Bilbao away one, but increasingly they are making me more confident with every big game they win. A draw wouldn't be the worst result, but really to have a great chance of winning the league (a slightly tougher run-in for Barcelona), they need to have or equal the head-to-head advantage, so a 2-0 win ideally. The reverse fixture was really the only big game Barcelona have lost this season.

I think it'll be a very nervous 1-1 draw. If Modric plays I'd fancy Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Haven't been convinced by Kroos as the main man in the middle, without Modric he hasn't looked as good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Haven't been convinced by Kroos as the main man in the middle, without Modric he hasn't looked as good
    They'll be formidable together though. Alot of people seem to have been going on like this is a foregone conclusion for Barcelona, and that 4/1 bookie price for Real Madrid also surprises me hugely. Can't see this being anything other than a closely fought classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Gonna be over by half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nice match to end a great weekend.

• Messi for a hatrick is 16/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Messi for a hatrick is 16/1

Hasn't score in last 3 H2H when Barca at home. Just a heads up

• Hasn't score in last 3 H2H when Barca at home. Just a heads up

Just letting you guys know, oddly enough I have my money on a 3-2 win to Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully loads of fantastic football and minimal antics that regularly occur in this fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just letting you guys know, oddly enough I have my money on a 3-2 win to Madrid

Ballsy bet :pac:

Went with :

BTTS 2nd Half( As Tipped) 5/4
    Ronaldo to score, Barca to win. 5/1
    Messi/Suarez/Benzema all to score 15/1
    Messi/Neymar/Ronaldo all to score 10/1

What odds you get for 2-3 Mick?

Found this on twitter ha.

The day has finally come:
    Good vs Evil
    Justice vs Crime
    Virtue vs Sin
    Light vs Dark
    Integrity vs Propaganda
    Messi vs Penalty

• Ballsy bet :pac:

Went with :

BTTS 2nd Half( As Tipped) 5/4
    Ronaldo to score, Barca to win. 5/1
    Messi/Suarez/Benzema all to score 15/1
    Messi/Neymar/Ronaldo all to score 10/1

What odds you get for 2-3 Mick?

****ing mad think around 29/1

Also have 2-2 draw with Ronaldo to score first
    And same with messi to score first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Real are gonna need to be on top form to win this tonight, Modric back is a big plus definitely. I fear Madrid getting involved in a lot of nonsense though, which is so frustrating, and which unfortunately they cause the majority of, with Ramos, Pepe etc. With the possible exception of Varane, it's probably the strongest 11 Real could put out, so no excuses really. Ronaldo is either of the 2 extremes in this fixture so hopefully he's on point this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

decent spread on table for the Team on Sky Sports 5

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Fancy Barcelona to spank them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rezident

Getting excited.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Fancy Barcelona to spank them.

Just have the feeling Bale and Ronaldo might surprise tonight.

I think Bale could have joy tonight alright. Never really know what sort of Ronaldo will turn up

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hoping it's a good open game and we see the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez etc playing at their best.

Don't really care who wins, but I suppose I'd like to see Barca come out on top.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Starting lineups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Summary of the last half hour on Sky Sports:

Messi
    Big Game
    Ronaldo good
    Messi better
    Huge game
    Did we mention Messi?
    Gigantic game
    Guys, Messi
    Gargantuan Game
    Messi cured cancer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Amazing views there, what an atmosphere. Hope the game lives up to it, which it should!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That looks awesome.

Barca 4 real 2

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Great stadium, colour and atmosphere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Bring it on!!!!

• The boos lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

4/1 the draw looks tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

They could do with a bit of zooming in on that main camera