Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a private firearm

Options
  • 22-03-2015 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I am applying for my fireman licence. My mate is selling his Ruger 10/22 and has the rifle since Brand new. I have fired the rifle and I know it is well looked after so i would rather buy a rifle that i know.

The question is can i buy a private rifle while applying for my licence or do I need to buy from a dealer and obtain a receipt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I am applying for my fireman licence. My mate is selling his Ruger 10/22 and has the rifle since Brand new. I have fired the rifle and I know it is well looked after so i would rather buy a rifle that i know.

The question is can i buy a private rifle while applying for my licence or do I need to buy from a dealer and obtain a receipt?

Yes you can.
    Just fill in the part on the FCA1 form that asks where you are getting the firearm from which will be your friend.

http://www.irishshooting.com/?page_id=310

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

clivej wrote: »
    Yes you can.
    Just fill in the part on the FCA1 form that asks where you are getting the firearm from which will be your friend.

http://www.irishshooting.com/?page_id=310

Perfect thank you. I thought that section may only be for a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Perfect thank you. I thought that section may only be for a dealer.

And under the dealer part is the buying from a private seller

When applying include a letter from your friend stating he is selling you the firearm. And include in the letter his firearm details i.e. license number and firearm serial number, his address etc. And signed and dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

clivej wrote: »
    And under the dealer part is the buying from a private seller

When applying include a letter from your friend stating he is selling you the firearm. And include in the letter his firearm details i.e. license number and firearm serial number, his address etc. And signed and dated.

Ok great I'll get that sorted tomorrow. I have the safe so I'll bolt that up after the application is sent.

Thanks again

Advertisement