Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uberman sleep vs My current sleep pattern

Options
  • 22-03-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,

Uberman sleep = sleep fopr 90 minutes every 4 hours throughout the day

My current sleep pattern= Go to bed at 12, get up at 8, and wake up every 2 hours during the night but go back to sleep a few minutes later.

My question - Whats the difference?
    Is my current sleep pattern bad for my health?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cliona2012

Anyone help please

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

How do you feel after your current sleep pattern? Are you able to function okay, not irritable etc etc? I would say everyone is different, for instance my sleep pattern is brutal and has been since I was a child. For the last 2 years it is bed at 10.30pm to 10.45pm. Fall asleep around the 12am mark and wake every 45mins for about a 10min interval all night long until I get up at 6.30am. Sometimes I could be awake for 20min intervals. I am fairly wrecked getting up but in perfect shape mentally and physically after about an hour and a half of being up. On a Friday night however I tend to get a better sleep, don't wake as much and don't getup until 9am. That seems to replenish me and I am in fine form then for the weekend.
    Then another guy I used to work with would go to bed at 10.30am every night and sleep solid until 7am without waking and be fine, however if he went to bed at even 11am which is only 30mins later he would be completely exhausted and good for nothing all day.
    I was thinking to myself, man if I could get 4hours straight sleep like that I'd be on top of the world so as I say everyone is different.
    Personally speaking that uberman sleep method sounds horrendous to me but that's because I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at those times anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cliona2012

Cool, love hearing our input

Advertisement