Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helix Piercing

Options
  • 22-03-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm keen to get the rim of my upper ear pierced (not being a piercing aficionado, Google tells me this is known as a helix piercing). I'm also probably going to get a couple of extra lobe piercings and my outer conch done too. A silly question, but would a piercer do them in one sitting?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I couldn't say for certain, but I'd doubt it. It may depend on the actual number of piercings you're getting done, but getting too many done at the one time in such close proximity seems like it would be asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Usually 3 piercings at once would be the limit. A helix and two lobes would be fine to get done together. Good luck sleeping comfortably though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

After having both conches pierced, rook, 2 helix, diath and tragus pierced I would recommend you only get one or two at a time.

Couldn't even dry my hair right for weeks after the conch and I have a travel pillow now for when my rook acts up :rolleyes:

No piercer will do loads in one go, I'd run far away if a piercer was willing to do conch, helix and lobes In one sitting! Conch is sore enough to heal (even turning your head hurts!) but you'll find it very difficult to clean them all as your entire ear will swell up from the amount of trauma it's gone through. Plus it'll be pain like no other, my conch is around. 6 months and 3 months respectively and the 6 momth will still get a little tender especially when it was cold out.

Helix and two lobes will be fine, but if you've never gotten a cartilage piercing before i highly recommend you do not get your conch done!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Aside from lobes, it's very uncommon to pierce both ears at the same time, simply due to a client having to lie on them to sleep. When you take into account that an industrial requires 2 piercings be done at once, it is possible to perform multiple piercing and if they are done with a blade rather than a canula, trauma is a lot less and it follows then that swelling and healing time will be lessened too. But in reality, unless you have a specific reason for needing a few piercings done at the one time, less is more and your body will thank you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I have my lobes, helix and tragys pierced. I had a rook piercing done, which looked awesome but I had to remove.(the actual jewellery itself caused problems, had to get it removed when I was in Vietnam months after initial piercing)

Just started to do a series or column of piercings up my left lobe. This is the first time I have had more than one done at a time. (Got the first two today - one is fairly near ear lobe, no cartilage involved)

I would second others opinions here, for healing purposes I wouldn't get more than one/two through cartilage at a time. Patience is your friend in the healing process. Sleeping on new piercings(3 to 6 months) can be very uncomfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Thanks for all of the advice; much appreciated!

I think I knew deep down I was being ridiculously naive in thinking two cartilage piercings in one go was a runner! For now, one/two lobe piercings (I’m looking for a column of lobe piercings in my right ear like Birdie086’s eventually) and my helix seems reasonable. After reading xxxJennyxxx’s post, I’ll give myself plenty of time for that to heal before touching my conch!

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SassQuatch

I always do my ear piercings two at a time although always on the same ear, I guess you could do three as long as they are not too close to each other and your piercer gives you the go. My advice is to try sleeping positions and headphones that will not bother the places you want pierced before getting the piercings, so that you already know what to expect. Also be careful with hats, long hair, and changing t-shirts since its easier to get them stuck if you have more than one done at a time (simply because its harder to concentrate in all of them simultaneously)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sassquatch--Stop posting in zombie threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement