Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Shooters' Forum Proposal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Does it really have to be this big a deal, none of these changes ever last. Just tie it into the popular games threads, add games and remove them as need based on traffic/thread count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Varik wrote: »
    Does it really have to be this big a deal, none of these changes ever last.

Just curious, what changes haven't lasted?
    Just tie it into the popular games threads, add games and remove them as need based on traffic/thread count.

Yeah we're discussing something along these lines elsewhere. Can you elaborate a bit, as in do you mean add dedicated game specific forums like a Destiny forum, a Titanfall forum, etc etc...or do you mean add a genre based forum like Shooters etc to the Popular Games sub-category?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Myrddin wrote: »
    Just curious, what changes haven't lasted?

All the changes previous to this ie tactical shooter forum etc:

think the last change was to drive traffic to the games forum, that worked forum was dead until that change.

Imo leave well enough alone people will find the threads they interested in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I think it would be more accurate to call it "gun games" really.

Shooter can (should!) mean "shmup".

Agreed. Definitely don't call it 'Shooters' or I'll be expecting posts about vert vs hori, Seimitsu vs Sanwa, Cave vs 8ing, scanlines and 1cc runs. :P

(Vert and Seimitsu of course!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think we'll park this idea for now folks. While I do still feel there's merit & potential in it, it's just too conflicted with the ideals of this (very successful) forum at the moment. Leaving main game discussion here & splitting off multiplayer chat elsewhere is a nice idea on paper, I think it'd have a negative effect in reality though. Perhaps down the road, when Boards moves away from vbulleting, the linking of different forums might become much easier (through increased functionality), which opens up options that we don't have currently. So thanks all for the feedback offered, both for & against, it's very much appreciated as always :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement