Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours dog - what to do?

• 22-03-2015 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

There is a little Jack Russell that lives up the road from me, a really nice fella but he just isn't look after. He seems to be out all day long, on his own. There is a large green area in front of his house but he wanders all over the estate.

He is harmless and the fact that he is out doesn't really bother me, but he got into a scrap with a retriever a good while back and got a cut on his cheek. His owners have done nothing about it, despite him needing anti biotics and probably stitches.

I've attached a picture of him today, you can't see it that well but the cut is constantly oozing yellowish stuff, I guess it's a sign of infection?

Anyway, what can I do? his owners couldn't possibly have missed it, it's too obvious so they don't care enough to bring him to the vet. I can't exactly bring their dog to get fixed up, so have I any options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

If he's being neglected report it to DSPCA or your local equivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Big Nasty wrote: »
    If he's being neglected report it to DSPCA or your local equivalent.

That's the thing though, he's obviously being fed and has a place to sleep. It's mainly the injury just needs attention. The dog warden in my area covers 2 counties (Kilkenny/Clonmel) so I don't really want to load work on him but at the same stage I don't know what else to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Call them and ask their opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

It sure looks infected. It will get worse if its not treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PrideandLuna

To give the benefit of the doubt, Tie a note to collar advising owner nicely about wound. If the wound has not been seen to by the following day... call the DSPCA or similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement