Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirtbikes vs Dogwalkers in Douglas ?

Options
  • 22-03-2015 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

theres a scrap of land in Douglas (backing onto the ring) between the GAA club/Columbus school and heading up to Shamrock Lawn and up the hill to Grange. Ever since I've known this has been used by dogwalkers, people taking their kids on strolls, and the odd bushdrinkers.

Lately (in the past few weeks) theres been young guys down there on dirt bikes roaring up and down it. Today they have been out there digging ramps and holes for themselves too.

Anyone know what the story is with this? Obviously each to their own, and everyone wants to enjoy the land, but dirtbikes speeding up and down and landscape remodelling do not mix particularly well with pedestrians. I'm pretty worried that a kid or a dog will get hit by these guys. Theres actually a motorcross/dirtbike track at Vernon Mount literally meters away from where these guys are tearing up the place.

Anyone know who has the land or if its under care by anyone? Is it a case of who gets there first?

https://goo.gl/maps/XzgLA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It might be worth getting onto the council, years ago they used to come along and remove any jumps on the bit of land in between Alden, Amberely and Mount Vernon that mtb crowd made.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Contact the council. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Pretty annoying too for everyone that's been using it for walking before those lads came along. I presume they're not supposed to be doing what they're doing, especially making ramps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Boro wrote: »

Anyone know who has the land or if its under care by anyone? Is it a case of who gets there first?

https://goo.gl/maps/XzgLA

If you go to http://www.landdirect.ie then click on Proceed as Guest, accept the T's and C's, then zone in on the land in question, the folio number is CK54365F , you can view the folio for 5 euro which will tell you who owns the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

cheers all for the responses.
    I dont want to upset people as everyone wants out to have a bit of crack. If it was just mountain bikes I wouldnt mind at all, but some of those dirtbikes are very big and powerful (and fast).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yep... Contact Council. If anything did happen you will probably feel guilty even though it is not your fault. Better safe than sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement